Win 2K server - help!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 7, 2004 4:28:44 PM

Is there anyway to extend the system partition (C:)  on a
win2K server? originally it was set to 8gb partition. but
it is at the point of getting full. I have used partition
magic for workstations. Is there any other product which
works similarly with win 2K server, especially with the
system drives without damaging the data.
thanks for the help.

More about : win server

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 4:14:02 AM

Hi Jill,

Try PowerQuest Volume Manager, see link below
http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/symantec/Volume_Manager2...

-Mika-

"Jill" wrote:

> Is there anyway to extend the system partition (C:)  on a
> win2K server? originally it was set to 8gb partition. but
> it is at the point of getting full. I have used partition
> magic for workstations. Is there any other product which
> works similarly with win 2K server, especially with the
> system drives without damaging the data.
> thanks for the help.

August 26, 2009 1:45:02 PM

Partition Magic is a disk partitioning program developed for Windows desktop. To resize a server partition, you have to use it on DOS. or you might need a server partition software.

Volume Manager is a server partition software for Windows 2000 and it costs around 500 bucks.

I know an alternative named Paragon Partition Manager Server which takes 299 bucks and supports Server 2000 to 2008 server.

Here is a tutorial to extend boot partition with Paragon PM

http://www.geeksdo.com/extend-boot-partition-server-200...
!