question about EVs

If a pokemon participates in a battle but faints, I know it doesn't get EXP,
but does it get any EVs?

--
John Salerno

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> If a pokemon participates in a battle but faints, I know it doesn't get
> EXP, but does it get any EVs?

No. Level experience and stat experience go together like a horse and
carriage.

--
Steffan

Steffan Alun wrote:

> > If a pokemon participates in a battle but faints, I know it doesn't get
> > EXP, but does it get any EVs?
>
> No. Level experience and stat experience go together like a horse and
> carriage.

Although if you were fighting a trainer, and your Pikachu beat their
Squirtle and then fainted from their Bulbasaur, you would still get the
experience and effort from the Squirtle.

You could also sent out your Fearow, Revive your Pikachu, and beat the
Bulbasaur with Fearow. Fearow and Pikachu would both get the effort,
and split the experience.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > If a pokemon participates in a battle but faints, I know it doesn't get
>> > EXP, but does it get any EVs?
>>
>> No. Level experience and stat experience go together like a horse and
>> carriage.
>
> Although if you were fighting a trainer, and your Pikachu beat their
> Squirtle and then fainted from their Bulbasaur, you would still get the
> experience and effort from the Squirtle.

Ah, right. That's as I suspected - each Pokémon a trainer has counts as one
Pokémon, so whenever another is switched in, experience gained is reset.

--
Steffan