Need tech Support on WIN 2000 Server

I am trying to get tech support to setup a one-way trust between 2 WIN 2000 server domain controllers in different forests. I try to use NET passport to post an email to Microsodt tech support, but they want a product ID # of the form xxxx-xxx... One of my servers has product ID xxxxx-OEM, and they don't accept it. The other is xxxx-xxxx... Microsoft seems to be telling me to contact the manufacturer, but my new PC does not come with a tech support phone number. Microsoft says they have an option for $99 to submit an email to tech support. Is this $99 per hour, per incident, what?

I really need someone to tell me what to do and where to go to get some help, PLEASE!

patjdixon@dpas-inc.com
3 answers Last reply
More about need tech support 2000 server

    see:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309682&Product=win2000

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308195&Product=win2000

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315053&Product=win2000

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "PatJDixon" <PatJDixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to get tech support to setup a one-way trust between 2 WIN
    2000 server domain controllers in different forests. I try to use NET
    passport to post an email to Microsodt tech support, but they want a product
    ID # of the form xxxx-xxx... One of my servers has product ID xxxxx-OEM,
    and they don't accept it. The other is xxxx-xxxx... Microsoft seems to be
    telling me to contact the manufacturer, but my new PC does not come with a
    tech support phone number. Microsoft says they have an option for $99 to
    submit an email to tech support. Is this $99 per hour, per incident, what?

    > I really need someone to tell me what to do and where to go to get some
    help, PLEASE!

    > patjdixon@dpas-inc.com

    Thank you for the links, but I already had them and used them for the setup.

    The problem is that I am trying to set up the one-way trust between domains in seperate forests, and it doesn't work. I am able to see both domains and their machines in Explorer, they can ping each other by name, I have all the DNS entries setup. However when I add the trust it says it cannot verify it and says the RPC server is unavailable. I have tried everything I can think of, searched all the MS knowledge base, etc.

    Unless I can find a way to make this work, my recourse may be to re-install the OS and set them up as domains in the same forest. I will lose the security my client is looking for, but at least I will get something working.

    I wish I could post screen images of what I am seeing. It is hard for someone else to understand without seeing what I am seeing.

    PAT

    > Thank you for the links, but I already had them and used them for the
    setup.

    > The problem is that I am trying to set up the one-way trust between
    domains in seperate forests, and it doesn't work. I am able to see both
    domains and their machines in Explorer, they can ping each other by name, I
    have all the DNS entries setup. However when I add the trust it says it
    cannot verify it and says the RPC server is unavailable. I have tried
    everything I can think of, searched all the MS knowledge base, etc.

    > Unless I can find a way to make this work, my recourse may be to
    re-install the OS and set them up as domains in the same forest. I will
    lose the security my client is looking for, but at least I will get
    something working.

    > I wish I could post screen images of what I am seeing. It is hard for
    someone else to understand without seeing what I am seeing.

    > PAT

    Look up the definition for the enterprise administrators group.

Support Microsoft Servers Windows