Need tech Support on WIN 2000 Server

I am trying to get tech support to setup a one-way trust between 2 WIN 2000 server domain controllers in different forests. I try to use NET passport to post an email to Microsodt tech support, but they want a product ID # of the form xxxx-xxx... One of my servers has product ID xxxxx-OEM, and they don't accept it. The other is xxxx-xxxx... Microsoft seems to be telling me to contact the manufacturer, but my new PC does not come with a tech support phone number. Microsoft says they have an option for $99 to submit an email to tech support. Is this $99 per hour, per incident, what?

I really need someone to tell me what to do and where to go to get some help, PLEASE!

patjdixon@dpas-inc.com

see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309682&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308195&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315053&Product=win2000

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"PatJDixon" <PatJDixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get tech support to setup a one-way trust between 2 WIN
2000 server domain controllers in different forests. I try to use NET
passport to post an email to Microsodt tech support, but they want a product
ID # of the form xxxx-xxx... One of my servers has product ID xxxxx-OEM,
and they don't accept it. The other is xxxx-xxxx... Microsoft seems to be
telling me to contact the manufacturer, but my new PC does not come with a
tech support phone number. Microsoft says they have an option for $99 to
submit an email to tech support. Is this $99 per hour, per incident, what?

> I really need someone to tell me what to do and where to go to get some
help, PLEASE!

> patjdixon@dpas-inc.com

Thank you for the links, but I already had them and used them for the setup.

The problem is that I am trying to set up the one-way trust between domains in seperate forests, and it doesn't work. I am able to see both domains and their machines in Explorer, they can ping each other by name, I have all the DNS entries setup. However when I add the trust it says it cannot verify it and says the RPC server is unavailable. I have tried everything I can think of, searched all the MS knowledge base, etc.

Unless I can find a way to make this work, my recourse may be to re-install the OS and set them up as domains in the same forest. I will lose the security my client is looking for, but at least I will get something working.

I wish I could post screen images of what I am seeing. It is hard for someone else to understand without seeing what I am seeing.

PAT

> Thank you for the links, but I already had them and used them for the
setup.

> The problem is that I am trying to set up the one-way trust between
domains in seperate forests, and it doesn't work. I am able to see both
domains and their machines in Explorer, they can ping each other by name, I
have all the DNS entries setup. However when I add the trust it says it
cannot verify it and says the RPC server is unavailable. I have tried
everything I can think of, searched all the MS knowledge base, etc.

> Unless I can find a way to make this work, my recourse may be to
re-install the OS and set them up as domains in the same forest. I will
lose the security my client is looking for, but at least I will get
something working.

> I wish I could post screen images of what I am seeing. It is hard for
someone else to understand without seeing what I am seeing.

> PAT

Look up the definition for the enterprise administrators group.