hwo to install win98 on win2k pro ?

hi
can anyone here help me, i have a harddisk installed
windows 2k pro on NTFS, now my user need the windows 98
as dual boot, yet i cannot re-format it as FAT format.

how i am to do about it ?
thanks

You need separate partition or additional disk for W98.
Without the third-party loader it could be a bit complicated, but briefly,
assuming the computer starts from W98 disk/partition:

- boot into W98 and save its boot sector from the Command Prompt:
debug
L 100 2 0 1
n bootsect.f32
rcx
- boot into W2k Recovery Console and rewrite 1st (W98) disk MBR using
'fixmbr'; maybe, 'fixboot' for this disk won't harm anything; 'fixmbr /?'
and 'fixboot /?' provide the proper syntax;
- copy ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini files from W2k disk to W98 disk; in
case of the SCSI disk copy the ntbootdd.sys file as well;
- edit the copied boot.ini file; if both IDE disks are on the same channel,
it should look like

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000"
/fastdetect
c:\bootsect.f32="Microsoft Windows 98"

If you go with one disk and two partitions, it should be
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2).

P.S. Install VirtualPC or VMWare.