why did microsoft... ?

May 27, 2005 10:17:42 PM

... change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

More about : microsoft

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:01:12 AM

Hi

The idea is that the pocket pc manage hte memory and there by automaticly
closes program when more memory is needed. Yuo will have faster access to
your frequently used application is allready open.

--
Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"Marc" <see@signature.url> skrev i en meddelelse

> .. change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
> Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??
>

> --
> Marc
> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:01:13 AM

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethismail.dk> wrote in
news:o lqqQYuYFHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Hi
>
> The idea is that the pocket pc manage hte memory and there by
> automaticly closes program when more memory is needed. Yuo will have
> faster access to your frequently used application is allready open.

Hm. BUt does PPC or WM actually ever close apps? I have yet to see that
happen.
May 28, 2005 12:01:13 AM

Pocket Plus2 by Spb give you the option to change the way (among a bunch of
other things) the X works.
Check it out @ http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/?en

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethismail.dk> wrote in message
news:o lqqQYuYFHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> The idea is that the pocket pc manage hte memory and there by automaticly
> closes program when more memory is needed. Yuo will have faster access to
> your frequently used application is allready open.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com (howto's for Micosoft Pocket PC)
>
> "Marc" <see@signature.url> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>> .. change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
>> Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??
>>

>> --
>> Marc
>> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

May 28, 2005 12:01:14 AM

Dewey wrote:
> Hm. BUt does PPC or WM actually ever close apps? I have yet to see that
> happen.

Run something really memory hungry like a GPS navigation software and it
will happen.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 12:01:15 AM

"René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message
> Dewey wrote:
>> Hm. BUt does PPC or WM actually ever close apps? I have yet to see that
>> happen.
>
> Run something really memory hungry like a GPS navigation software and it
> will happen.

Speaking of GPS software and memory management, GPSTuner will simply say
there is not enough memory and not load. You have to kill the apps manually
and retry.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 4:00:34 PM

Allan Boegild Pedersen wrote:
> The idea is that the pocket pc manage hte memory and there by
> automaticly closes program when more memory is needed.

That's the theory part. In practice I have to manually close used or unused
unused applications quite often to free memory or CPU time.

Current Symbian devices have same kind of problems, automatic memory
management doesn't work well enough.

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

Marc wrote:

> .. change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
> Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??

Thanks for the insight. I have used Wins Bar Advanced 2 to stop it, even
makes it look like XP.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:40:01 PM

On Mon, 30 May 2005 21:14:27 +0100, Marc <see@signature.url> wrote:

>Marc wrote:
>>
>> .. change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
>> Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??
>
>Thanks for the insight. I have used Wins Bar Advanced 2 to stop it, even
>makes it look like XP.

Nothing I could google for looked like Wins Bar Advanced 2 - can you
provide a link?

--
Peter Sumner
June 2, 2005 11:40:02 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:40:01 +0100, Peter Sumner wrote:

>On Mon, 30 May 2005 21:14:27 +0100, Marc <see@signature.url> wrote:
>
>>Marc wrote:
>>>
>>> .. change the functionality of the famous "X" close button in Windows
>>> Mobile, and make it into a minimize button??
>>
>>Thanks for the insight. I have used Wins Bar Advanced 2 to stop it, even
>>makes it look like XP.
>
>Nothing I could google for looked like Wins Bar Advanced 2 - can you
>provide a link?

Try Wisbar Advance, instead.

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast

Quote:

Speaking of GPS software and memory management, GPSTuner will simply say
there is not enough memory and not load. You have to kill the apps manually
and retry.

Hi,
I'm getting that message when loading GPSTuner, stopped all running prgrams, but I couldn't still get rid of that message. Only by reseting my PDA I can get it to wrok, but then it happens again.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem??
Thank's!!!
!