JVC LCOS

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 22, 2004 7:43:43 PM

I'm looking at a JVC HD-52Z575 HDTV with the LCoS technology. Any opinions
as to the picture quality and reliability of this model? I confess I am
looking to buy my first HDTV. The Samsung DLP models look good as well, but
the JVC seemed to have a sharper image in my opinion. Would like a 50"-52"
widescreen. Thanks!!

Mark

More about : jvc lcos

August 22, 2004 7:43:44 PM

"Mark Heiliger" <mheilige@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:p a3Wc.2456$eu1.86315@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> I'm looking at a JVC HD-52Z575 HDTV with the LCoS technology. Any opinions
> as to the picture quality and reliability of this model? I confess I am
> looking to buy my first HDTV. The Samsung DLP models look good as well,
but
> the JVC seemed to have a sharper image in my opinion. Would like a 50"-52"
> widescreen. Thanks!!
>
> Mark

Looks like a classic, but check to make sure the control settings aren't
screwed up:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=476ec86...
August 22, 2004 7:43:44 PM

Mark Heiliger wrote:
> I'm looking at a JVC HD-52Z575 HDTV with the LCoS technology. Any opinions
> as to the picture quality and reliability of this model? I confess I am
> looking to buy my first HDTV. The Samsung DLP models look good as well, but
> the JVC seemed to have a sharper image in my opinion. Would like a 50"-52"
> widescreen. Thanks!!
>
> Mark

I had also been seriously considering the Samsung DLP but now thinking
about the Toshiba DLP 52HM84.
It's getting a lot of positive discussion here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&thread...

Sharon
August 23, 2004 3:50:33 PM

JVC! JVC!

head over to the store and just buy one, will ya?

heh.
"Mark Heiliger" <mheilige@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:p a3Wc.2456$eu1.86315@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> I'm looking at a JVC HD-52Z575 HDTV with the LCoS technology. Any opinions
> as to the picture quality and reliability of this model? I confess I am
> looking to buy my first HDTV. The Samsung DLP models look good as well,
but
> the JVC seemed to have a sharper image in my opinion. Would like a 50"-52"
> widescreen. Thanks!!
>
> Mark

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:24:24 AM

What the price?

Mark
"Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com> wrote in message
news:D SkWc.39839$Kt5.7759@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> JVC! JVC!
>
> head over to the store and just buy one, will ya?
>
> heh.
> "Mark Heiliger" <mheilige@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
> news:p a3Wc.2456$eu1.86315@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> > I'm looking at a JVC HD-52Z575 HDTV with the LCoS technology. Any
opinions
> > as to the picture quality and reliability of this model? I confess I am
> > looking to buy my first HDTV. The Samsung DLP models look good as well,
> but
> > the JVC seemed to have a sharper image in my opinion. Would like a
50"-52"
> > widescreen. Thanks!!
> >
> > Mark

Anonymous