XP Pro to XP Home Remote Desktop

Hi

I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems with her
XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering about
using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways. She
seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try remote
assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an older
version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.

Any other ideas...

Woady
3 answers Last reply
More about home remote desktop

    She must send the invitation.

    > She must send the invitation.

    > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:d12amk$253$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems with
    > > her
    > > XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering about
    > > using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways. She
    > > seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try
    remote
    > > assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an
    > > older
    > > version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.
    > >
    > > Any other ideas...
    > >
    > > Woady

    Yep, shes done that, but still coming up with the error message... I
    downloaded messenger 5.0 and got a bit further, but still came up with an
    error. Nevermind, I'm going to hers tomorrow to sort it the proper way.

    Thanks anyway

    Woady

    You're welcome. Good luck.

    "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:d12dgr$38s$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

    >> She must send the invitation.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > I have Win XP Pro and want to help my girlfriend sort some problems
    >> > with
    >> > her
    >> > XP Home system. She lives quite a distance away so I was wondering
    >> > about
    >> > using Remote Desktop either through MSN Messenger or any other ways.
    >> > She
    >> > seems to be having a problem browsing the net, and whenever we try
    > remote
    >> > assistance thru Messenger we get the message saying that I'm using an
    >> > older
    >> > version (7 beta). Have tried with Windows Messenger 4.7 with no luck.
    >> >
    >> > Any other ideas...
    >> >
    >> > Woady
    >> >

    > Yep, shes done that, but still coming up with the error message... I
    > downloaded messenger 5.0 and got a bit further, but still came up with an
    > error. Nevermind, I'm going to hers tomorrow to sort it the proper way.
    >
    > Thanks anyway
    >
    > Woady

Remote Desktop Messenger Microsoft Windows XP