Removing redundant Windows XP

I have two copies of Windows XP installed. I want to
remove the redundant second copy to save space. How do I
do that without affecting the first copy. I do not wish
to save anything (data, settings, installed programs)
from the redundant subsystem.

Please help.

Hernando wrote:

> I have two copies of Windows XP installed. I want to
> remove the redundant second copy to save space. How do I
> do that without affecting the first copy. I do not wish
> to save anything (data, settings, installed programs)
> from the redundant subsystem.
>
> Please help.

How and why are there 2 copies of Windows XP installed. If
the answers are known and understood, and one knows what is
where, then open and examine boot.ini to identify which copy
of XP is the working one. Boot.ini might need to be edited if
it points to both both copies of Windows XP; remove reference
to the copy being removed. Assuming that just one of the 2
copies is clearly identified and that all of the XP bootloader
and startup files are in the root, and also assuming that there
are no executables being used from the redundant copy, then just
delete it. Defrag the HD.