windows wont load

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,

I have a problem with Windows 2000.

I switch on my computer and let it load, when it gets to
the screen with Windows 2000 professional written on it
and a progress bar at the bottom, the screen goes black.

Last night I updated Windows from www.microsoft.com, so
I'm thinking that might be the problem. The trouble is I
dont exactly now what I installed. I think it was 2
critical updates and a few little media player and Nvidia
updates.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou.

Rob Sugg

Sounds like you may have corruption of your video adapter.

Suggest that you start your Win2k in Safe mode by pressing F8 when the OS
starts to load.

If Win2k does start - then remove the graphics adapter and install the
latest version from the Graphics card manufacturer.

If Win2k doesn't start then SCREAM ARRRGGGGHH!