teaching flamethrower, thunderbolt, and ice beam???

Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed that
Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I thought that
it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know* I taught my Kadabra
Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in my old Crystal guide, and it
says the same thing in there. What's more, it says that Flamethrower,
Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam aren't even TMs at all. So how in the world did I
teach Kadabra these moves, or am I insane?

--
John Salerno

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed that
> Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I thought
> that it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know* I taught my
> Kadabra Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in my old Crystal
> guide, and it says the same thing in there. What's more, it says that
> Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam aren't even TMs at all. So how in
> the world did I teach Kadabra these moves, or am I insane?

Are you sure it wasn't Thunderpunch, Icepunch, & Firepunch. I had an Abra
with those and it rocked the house in the Petit Cup.

clayton

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed that
> Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I thought that
> it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know* I taught my Kadabra
> Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in my old Crystal guide, and it
> says the same thing in there. What's more, it says that Flamethrower,
> Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam aren't even TMs at all. So how in the world did I
> teach Kadabra these moves, or am I insane?

You sure it was the 'Bolt and the Beam? I know that that the elemental punches
were TM's in Crystal (and buyable ones at that) and that Kadabra could be taught
them. So could Abra whih was really nice.

In R/S, the punches are egg moves for Abra (Again really nice if you have a
Medicham and some Heart Scales to burn ...), but if it was Thunderbolt and Ice Beam,
then someone olse will have to answer your question.

You could have taught them, could have hacked them if they couldn't be taught, or you
you could be thinking of Thunder and Ice Punch.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
In Colour!
> --
> John Salerno

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed that
> Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I thought
> that it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know* I taught my
> Kadabra Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in my old Crystal
> guide, and it says the same thing in there.

None of the Abra family can learn any of the Big Three elemental moves in
any of the games. You're thinking of the Punches, seeing as everyone and
their dog had a triple-punching Alakazam in GSC.

--
Steffan

Steffan Alun wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed
>> that Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I
>> thought that it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know*
>> I taught my Kadabra Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in
>> my old Crystal guide, and it says the same thing in there.
>
> None of the Abra family can learn any of the Big Three elemental
> moves in any of the games. You're thinking of the Punches, seeing as
> everyone and their dog had a triple-punching Alakazam in GSC.

Well, shoot. I could have sworn it was the other three. I'll have to load up
Crystal just to ease my mind. Oh well, at least no changes were made then.
Kadabra was pretty effective with all those moves! :)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Steffan Alun wrote:
> None of the Abra family can learn any of the Big Three elemental moves in
> any of the games. You're thinking of the Punches, seeing as everyone and
> their dog had a triple-punching Alakazam in GSC.

That's because, in story mode, he could take out most of the Elite Four
on his own [IIRC, the last time I played, said Alakazam only had to switch
out twice - can't remember the second time, but first was for the Umbreon],
the first time I went through 'em that game...

Joseph William Dixon wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Steffan Alun wrote:
>> None of the Abra family can learn any of the Big Three elemental
>> moves in any of the games. You're thinking of the Punches, seeing
>> as everyone and their dog had a triple-punching Alakazam in GSC.
>
> That's because, in story mode, he could take out most of the Elite
> Four on his own [IIRC, the last time I played, said Alakazam only had
> to switch out twice - can't remember the second time, but first was
> for the Umbreon], the first time I went through 'em that game...

Same here. I used him for pretty much everyone in the Elite Four.

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message news:<41408eac$0$6905$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
> Steffan Alun wrote:
> > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> >> Ok, I'm confused. I just looked in the NP strategy guide and noticed
> >> that Kadabra cannot learn these three moves (via TMs), so at first I
> >> thought that it had been changed from Crystal. In Crystal, I *know*
> >> I taught my Kadabra Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, but I just looked in
> >> my old Crystal guide, and it says the same thing in there.
> >
> > None of the Abra family can learn any of the Big Three elemental
> > moves in any of the games. You're thinking of the Punches, seeing as
> > everyone and their dog had a triple-punching Alakazam in GSC.
>
> Well, shoot. I could have sworn it was the other three. I'll have to load up
> Crystal just to ease my mind. Oh well, at least no changes were made then.
> Kadabra was pretty effective with all those moves! :)

In Pokémon Crystal, you could teach various Pokés to use Thunderbolt,
Ice Beam and Flamethrower. You used the arcade coins (as I recall,
doing this was incredibly expensive, but equally worthwhile) from the
game corner in Goldenrod City to accomplish this. I think the person
that performed the service stood right outside the game corner, but I
haven't played Crystal in awhile now.

>In Pokémon Crystal, you could teach various Pokés to use Thunderbolt,
>Ice Beam and Flamethrower. You used the arcade coins (as I recall,
>doing this was incredibly expensive, but equally worthwhile) from the
>game corner in Goldenrod City to accomplish this. I think the person
>that performed the service stood right outside the game corner, but I
>haven't played Crystal in awhile now.

I think the guy shows up once a week(I forget which day) and the cost is 4000
coins per move, if I'm not mistaken...