Keeping settings after lost power

Hi Every one,

When I am playing The Sims the 'low battery' warning is not visible on my
laptop. This means when the laptop shuts down the game resets to when I first
play on it (most annoying when you have made your 'sim' work hard to get a
good job/and bought various 'items').
So my question is... what settings do I need to change so that the laptop
will restarts at the point that I'm at and therefore not have to start the
game again.

Thanking you in advance for any replies :)
--
groovy

"new user" <newuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Every one,
>
> When I am playing The Sims the 'low battery' warning is not visible on my
> laptop. This means when the laptop shuts down the game resets to when I
> first
> play on it (most annoying when you have made your 'sim' work hard to get a
> good job/and bought various 'items').
> So my question is... what settings do I need to change so that the laptop
> will restarts at the point that I'm at and therefore not have to start the
> game again.
>
> Thanking you in advance for any replies :)
> --
> groovy

How about making the critical battery level action Hibernate instead of
shutdown? That should bring you back to the exact state as prior to
hibernation.

FWIW here's a good read on lithium ion laptop battery preservation.
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Gordon

new user wrote:
|| Hi Every one,
|| When I am playing The Sims the 'low battery' warning is not visible
|| on my laptop. This means when the laptop shuts down the game resets
|| to when I first play on it (most annoying when you have made your
|| 'sim' work hard to get a good job/and bought various 'items').
|| So my question is... what settings do I need to change so that the
|| laptop will restarts at the point that I'm at and therefore not have
|| to start the game again.
|| Thanking you in advance for any replies :)
|| --
|| groovy

Umm play it with the MAINS charger in?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

LOL gordon,
Thats a great reply,but, isn't it true that to prolong my battery life I
shouldn't plug it into the MAINS when its already full? if thats not the case
then great I will take your advice and thank you.
I forgot to mention in my origional post that I'm running XP Home

"Gordon" wrote:

> new user wrote:
> || Hi Every one,
> || When I am playing The Sims the 'low battery' warning is not visible
> || on my laptop. This means when the laptop shuts down the game resets
> || to when I first play on it (most annoying when you have made your
> || 'sim' work hard to get a good job/and bought various 'items').
> || So my question is... what settings do I need to change so that the
> || laptop will restarts at the point that I'm at and therefore not have
> || to start the game again.
> || Thanking you in advance for any replies :)
> || --
> || groovy
>
> Umm play it with the MAINS charger in?
>
> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Check the documentation on your laptop for recommended usage. The
documentation for my laptop recommends that if you normally run on power (I
do), that once per month, you unplug the power and run it until the battery
is dead and then plug it back in to charge fully.

PattyL

> LOL gordon,
> Thats a great reply,but, isn't it true that to prolong my battery life I
> shouldn't plug it into the MAINS when its already full? if thats not the
> case
> then great I will take your advice and thank you.
> I forgot to mention in my origional post that I'm running XP Home

>> Umm play it with the MAINS charger in?
>>
>> --
>> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
>> Gordon Burgess-Parker
>> Director
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon

new user wrote:
|| LOL gordon,
|| Thats a great reply,but, isn't it true that to prolong my battery
|| life I shouldn't plug it into the MAINS when its already full?

I run my laptop off the mains most of the time - it doesn't harm the battery
to do so because there's a bypass switch.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

If the game has an autosave feature you can get close.

"new user" <newuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Every one,
>
> When I am playing The Sims the 'low battery' warning is not visible on my
> laptop. This means when the laptop shuts down the game resets to when I
> first
> play on it (most annoying when you have made your 'sim' work hard to get a
> good job/and bought various 'items').
> So my question is... what settings do I need to change so that the laptop
> will restarts at the point that I'm at and therefore not have to start the
> game again.
>
> Thanking you in advance for any replies :)
> --
> groovy

He means, if you have access to Mains power then use it.
It sounds like your battery is flat, or going flat.

I'm not familiar with the game or whatever you're playing, but can't you
save the game at any point, if it is one of those "Sim City" or something
games, surely there's an option to save.

Turn the battery icon on, in the Advanced Power options through
[Right-click]-Desktop, Properties