Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[PW!] Eye of the Storm

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 9, 2004 5:17:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> Aerie reached out towards the half-Plusle's head, but before she could
> touch him he screamed an unearthly howl. Kitsu dropped him in shock and
> he convulsed on the ground for nearly a minute. At the end, he just lay
> there with his eyes rolled back into his head and a trickle of blood
> coming out of his nose and ears. Tentatively, Aerie knelt down and
> examined his head.
>
> "Nothing," she reported. "His mind's been completely wiped. It looks
> like somebody doesn't want to let the Meowth out of the bag just yet."

"Apparently not. Somehow I don't think that he's going to be getting up for a very
long time. Just who'd do that?"

"Someone that doesn't want their minions to talk"

-------

That evening was a quiet one in relative terms. The hot springs were judiciously
used to relax and to have girl talk, or so Cassandra had put it. Either way it ended
up being a girls-only thing. The guys had to settle for eating and practicing their
respective martial arts

Later on, when everyone was fed and relaxed, the part of the Search Party that
remained were mulling over facts.

"We know know where he's not," Derek observed.

"So where's left?" Keaton asked, looking down at the map.

Cass took up the teaching role, pointing to each location as she's mentionned it.
"We've been to Littleroot, Rustboro, Lavaridge, and Fallarbor. Alex and her group
have hit Dewford, Mauville, Verdenturf and the Rusturf Tunnel. If he was there,
we would have been informed about it."

There was a brief pause whil all those assembled let the facts and the impromptu
geography lesson kick in.

"That leaves Fortree, Lilycove, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis." Cass said, again pointing
to the destinations mentioned.

"And Evergrande should the guy gather all 8 badges, which seems unlikely." Derek
pointed out, more for the sake of completeness.

"Looks like Fortree is next then," Aerie declared.

"Sounds like a plan. When do we go?"

"Tomorrow."

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
An Exciting nap -- Z!

[NS: Time to move on ... I hear the Fortree needs a new runway for the big birds
Also sounds like a new plot need to be hatched somewhere.]

More about : eye storm

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:17:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> "Looks like Fortree is next then," Aerie declared.
>
> "Sounds like a plan. When do we go?"
>
> "Tomorrow."

24 hours later found Aerie in a funk. "I still can't believe I misread
that."

"The map was a little blurry right there," Kitsu reminded her. "And it
was the color of applesauce."

"Yeah, but *still*..."

"Don't be that hard on yourself. Some of our party enjoyed it," Derek
pointed out.

Behind the trio, Keaton and Cass had synchronized while spitting sand
from their mouths, and were now amusing themselves with an impromptu
rap.

"Yeah," Aerie sighed. "But I was really looking forward to all that
dessert!" Her eyes grew large and sparkled in the sun as she wistfully
gazed upon visions from her imagination.

Derek wondered to himself just what pokemon she had copied that move
from.

"Anyway," Kitsu reminded them, "since we can't cross the desert, it
looks like we'll have to go through Mauville."

Derek nodded. "I wonder if we will encounter the other group there?"

Aerie's eyes still sparkled.

"I'd say it's fairly likely. They'll stop to get the Dynamo Badge."

"But that won't take long. And then they have no further reason to
stay."

Aerie walked into - and instinctively became a ghost just long enough to
go through - a tree.

Derek gave her a glance. "I wonder if our companion heard your
declaration of undying love just now?"

Kitsu gave him a look, then saw Aerie. "You know, I don't think she
did."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Kitsu grinned. "No, something a little more far fetched."

Aerie shrank down into a certain feathered pokemon, otherwise still
oblivious to the world.

Derek raised an eyebrow. "Interesting."

Kitsu looked back. "Hey, Cass? Do you still have that dress-up kit? I
think it's time for our friend here to experience being cute for once."

And so it was that they proceeded towards Mauville...

TBC?

[NS: Like I said, weak joke. But at least the writer's block is
slightly cracked. ^_^;; ]
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 5:10:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<Oru2d.22092$R33.9713@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>...
> Clayton wrote:
> > "Looks like Fortree is next then," Aerie declared.
> >
> > "Sounds like a plan. When do we go?"
> >
> > "Tomorrow."
>
> 24 hours later found Aerie in a funk. "I still can't believe I misread
> that."
>
> "The map was a little blurry right there," Kitsu reminded her. "And it
> was the color of applesauce."
>
> "Yeah, but *still*..."
>
> "Don't be that hard on yourself. Some of our party enjoyed it," Derek
> pointed out.
>
> Behind the trio, Keaton and Cass had synchronized while spitting sand
> from their mouths, and were now amusing themselves with an impromptu
> rap.
>
> "Yeah," Aerie sighed. "But I was really looking forward to all that
> dessert!" Her eyes grew large and sparkled in the sun as she wistfully
> gazed upon visions from her imagination.
>
> Derek wondered to himself just what pokemon she had copied that move
> from.
>
> "Anyway," Kitsu reminded them, "since we can't cross the desert, it
> looks like we'll have to go through Mauville."
>
> Derek nodded. "I wonder if we will encounter the other group there?"
>
> Aerie's eyes still sparkled.
>
> "I'd say it's fairly likely. They'll stop to get the Dynamo Badge."
>
> "But that won't take long. And then they have no further reason to
> stay."
>
> Aerie walked into - and instinctively became a ghost just long enough to
> go through - a tree.
>
> Derek gave her a glance. "I wonder if our companion heard your
> declaration of undying love just now?"
>
> Kitsu gave him a look, then saw Aerie. "You know, I don't think she
> did."
>
> "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
>
> Kitsu grinned. "No, something a little more far fetched."
>
> Aerie shrank down into a certain feathered pokemon, otherwise still
> oblivious to the world.
>
> Derek raised an eyebrow. "Interesting."
>
> Kitsu looked back. "Hey, Cass? Do you still have that dress-up kit? I
> think it's time for our friend here to experience being cute for once."
>
> And so it was that they proceeded towards Mauville...
>

....In the company of two men and a Rhydon.

"This is the most terrible bit of directions that I have ever been
through," Sven was quick to note before spitting sand out of his
mouth.

"Me actually enjoying experience," Grimlock was quick to note. "Sand
bath very cleansing."

Sven growled lightly. "Just tell me we're close to Mauville."

"Just a few hours walk," Peabody noted.

"Yeah, speaking of," Keaton spoke up, "why exactly are the two of you
following us?"

"We aren't following," Sven noted defiantly, Aerie-Farfetch'd waddling
around near his feet. As she unconsciously began pecking at his
ankles, he added, "We're just going in the same direction."

"And why, exactly?" Keaton asked.

"That's none of your concern," Sven noted.

"Me not sure, some Magma bases probably in area," Grimlock noted.
"Besides, group know target."

"Target?" Keaton asked. "If you nutcases are after Bob..."

"Not him, not anymore," Peabody quickly assured the large minoTauros.
"We're well convinced that he won't go after us, at least not
immediately. Besides, we aren't out to capture anyone. We're supposed
to protect someone."

A single eyebrow crept higher on Keaton's face. Cass shared his
expression, and asked, "Who?"

"Your sibling," Peabody answered.

That got the attention of the group.

"You're supposed to be out here to keep an eye on Alex?" Cass asked in
surprise. "Why?"

"Our boss feels that he is responsible for the death of your
stepfather, and he wants to make sure your sister doesn't end up in a
similar situation," Peabody explained.

Cass glanced to the rest of the group. If Aerie had noticed, she
wasn't giving any clear indication. Kitsu and Keaton, however, seemed
most worried next to Cass herself.

"Coincidence?" Keaton asked.

"Possible," Kitsu noted.

"Something here need know about?" Grimlock asked.

"Alex has been chased after by bounty hunters for a while now," Cass
explained. "I haven't had a chance to speak to her in days."

"Ohhhh..." Peabody noted. His shoulders soon slumped, his head hung
low, and he berated himself, "We're dead."

"To say the least," Cass noted with a clear note of malice in her
voice.

A hand soon found itself on Cass's shoulder. "Okay, let's not jump the
gun just yet," Kitsu noted. "You know her better than any of us. Would
she get in danger?"

"No, not intentionally," Cass noted. "And she'd probably be able to
fight her way out of things if they got bad enough. She doesn't have
that sword just to look cool." With a breath, she noted, "But we'd
better get to Mauville anyway, and soon."

"And if there's still a fight to be fought, we will stand victorious
amidst our crushed adversaries," Keaton pointed out, almost relishing
any coming fight.

>
> [NS: Like I said, weak joke. But at least the writer's block is
> slightly cracked. ^_^;; ]

[NS: Not even sure how to respond to it, but I think being pecked to
death by a Farfetch'd should be enough.]
!