NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra motherboards?

I am looking for a good motherboard running NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra. Anyone know of any? Thanks.
12 answers Last reply
More about nvidia nforce 650i ultra motherboards
  1. I've ordered the basic MSI 650i SLi Motherboard - will see how it fairs. To be honest, the primary concerns were 1) 2xIDE ports as I still have 3x IDE devices and 2) cost.

I needed something cheap but didnt really want Crossfire and the Asus 650i didn't have great reviews due to vdroop and just general board layout. If I am honest, I would forget the 650i and get the 680i if I had a load of cash sat about, but I don't so will test the MSI and let you know if you like.

Still - if you have £150 to spend (or prob more like $300 at the moment) then I would prob get a Asus P5N32-E Sli 680i or similar. But for me - I thought I'd use the money on the gfx card instead.
  2. Quote:

Let me clarify... I am looking for the 650i ultra NON SLI solution. thanks!
  3. I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Just because your board supports SLi, it doesn't mean you are forced to use it. A SLi-supporting board will run a single card just as well as non SLi board.
  4. Quote:
    I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Just because your board supports SLi, it doesn't mean you are forced to use it. A SLi-supporting board will run a single card just as well as non SLi board.

True indeed.
  5. Quote:

Let me clarify... I am looking for the 650i ultra NON SLI solution. thanks!

:lol:
  6. 650i Ultra as cheaper than 650 SLI I am looking for that too. 114 usd in the US, here the 650 SLI can cost as much as 180 usd so if you can save a some bucks (in the thank you sou much I'm not gonna use it in my mf life SLI I plan to use it on a server) it would be great to have a mother with similar performance as 650 SLI so 650 ultra
  7. Ultra versions are not out yet in US so that leave us with the 650i SLI. You can get ASUS P5N-E SLI for $140ish and MSI P6N SLI-FI for $120ish. You can always go with the GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 rev3.3 which is hell of a deal at $120-130.

I guess you are not in US so of course you are going to pay more.
  8. Why would your want to get a 650i "ULTRA", when you can get a 650i WITH sli support for less than $150?
  9. I've got my MSI 650i up and running and the system is very fast compared with what I am used to (Athlon 2500 with an nForce2) but the passively cooled northbridge is overheating and subsequently crashing every 5 minutes... awesome. I don't think its a built in problem, I think the one I have just has a problem. Either way - nice board. Looks good too - bright green LED when its runnning. The 8800GTS looks even better though. mmm
  10. Sorry to go a bit of topic but have you overclocked it ?

Was thinking of getting that board is all and was wondering how it overclocks.
  11. Quote:

No - not overclocked it. I sorted this problem last night. The northbridge does run hot, but I htink that's an nforce 6 things anways. Turns out it didnt like the Ram in DIMM 1 and 3. Have moved it to 2 and 4 and works perfectly.
    Seems good - has OC utilities - but not tried it yet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Nvidia Product