No Video Driver

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop that came preinstalled
with Windows XP home. I formatted the drive and installed
a fresh copy of Windows 2000 server and SP4. I am unable
get the system to install/recognize a video driver. I have
tried a bunch of drivers that I downloaded but with no
luck. The driver that was working with XP was an ATI
Mobility Radeon 7500. It seems the hardware from Dell is
set for XP only. Is there any way around this problem?

Any help is appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about video driver

    Scott Majorino wrote:
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop that came preinstalled
    > with Windows XP home. I formatted the drive and installed
    > a fresh copy of Windows 2000 server and SP4. I am unable
    > get the system to install/recognize a video driver. I have
    > tried a bunch of drivers that I downloaded but with no
    > luck. The driver that was working with XP was an ATI
    > Mobility Radeon 7500. It seems the hardware from Dell is
    > set for XP only. Is there any way around this problem?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated!

    No apparent workaround unless from ATI or the video
    chipset maker --- is it Nvidia? Dell will not help
    since it never sold the Inspiron 5100 with Windows
    2000.

    Mobility Radeon drivers are obtainably *only* from the pc manu site. ATI do
    not distribute them
    If you can identify chipset you *may* be able to use another pc manu win2k
    drivers.

    "Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

    > Scott Majorino wrote:
    > > I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop that came preinstalled
    > > with Windows XP home. I formatted the drive and installed
    > > a fresh copy of Windows 2000 server and SP4. I am unable
    > > get the system to install/recognize a video driver. I have
    > > tried a bunch of drivers that I downloaded but with no
    > > luck. The driver that was working with XP was an ATI
    > > Mobility Radeon 7500. It seems the hardware from Dell is
    > > set for XP only. Is there any way around this problem?
    > >
    > > Any help is appreciated!
    >
    > No apparent workaround unless from ATI or the video
    > chipset maker --- is it Nvidia? Dell will not help
    > since it never sold the Inspiron 5100 with Windows
    > 2000.

Video Driver Windows XP Windows