windows xp to 2000

can i downgrade from xp pro to 2000 pro? are there
certain fences i have to climb? thx
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000

    No, you can't. You must reinstall W2k from scratch.

    If you're doing this for cosmetic reasons, I believe XP can be arranged
    to look almost identical to W2k, and it might be worth trying to do
    that. The XP cutesy-poo default presentation scheme seems to really
    upset some people.

    If you've got a technical reason to go with W2k, like hardware or
    software compatibility, the above is irrelevant.

    Julio Extra wrote:
    > can i downgrade from xp pro to 2000 pro? are there
    > certain fences i have to climb? thx

    Greetings --

    It cannot be done. There is no "rollback" to Win2K. To replace
    WinXP with an earlier OS, you'll have to boot from the appropriate
    boot disk, format the hard drive, and install. There is no supported
    downgrade path or technique.

    Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
    opportunity to delete, create, and/or format the system partition as
    part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
    order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Julio Extra" <no_mercy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > can i downgrade from xp pro to 2000 pro? are there
    > certain fences i have to climb? thx

Downgrade Microsoft Windows XP Windows