Closed

[FLRG] Pikachu really in Viridian Forest?

Last response: in Video Games
September 10, 2004 1:45:17 AM

According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
one.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:56:25 AM

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest.
> I'm looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass
> types available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I
> spent almost an hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see
> on, let alone catch one.

Yeah, it's true. I encountered one right away, and a few thereafter. I've
been using him for a while as my backup (so the others don't get over level
30 too fast), but he's not getting very good increases in his stats. Ah
well.

Anyway, yes he's there. :)
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 12:23:18 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<VMednQbQZvPArNzcRVn-pg@comcast.com>...
> According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
> looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
> available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
> hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
> one.

He's there all right, just like in RBG. Hard as hell to find though,
also just like in RBG.

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:28:32 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
> looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
> available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
> hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
> one.

Maybe it's just rare in your version. I remember it being rare, and having
to really be patient for it way back then...

daramark
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 7:25:43 PM

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
> looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
> available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
> hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
> one.

Yeah, each wild battle has a 5% chance of being a Pikachu.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 3:34:12 AM

In article <VMednQbQZvPArNzcRVn-pg@comcast.com>,
Brion K. Lienhart <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
>According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
>looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
>available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
>hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
>one.

I found one pretty fast (luck, I guess), and, yes, it was very handy
against Misty.

Not that that Starmie was easy, though. Faster than anything I threw
at it, and powerful attacks.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
September 12, 2004 3:34:13 AM

are you talking about red v.s. HI im brandon age 11. i just beat
the elite 4 in ruby v.s can i be part of your group. i all ready beat
red v.s.!!!!
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:23:47 AM

David Thornley wrote:

> In article <VMednQbQZvPArNzcRVn-pg@comcast.com>,
> Brion K. Lienhart <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
> >According to the NP guide you can catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest. I'm
> >looking for an electric type to use against Misty (all the grass types
> >available are grass/poison, and she uses water/psychic). I spent almost an
> >hour wandering around the forest, and didn't even see on, let alone catch
> >one.
> >
> I found one pretty fast (luck, I guess), and, yes, it was very handy
> against Misty.

Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is easy
compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.

> Not that that Starmie was easy, though. Faster than anything I threw
> at it, and powerful attacks.

I just got to Cerluean City. I forgot how much time you had to spend getting
ready to tackle Brock and Mt. Moon. At least with a Bulbasaur. Charmander
OWNED Viridian Forest.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:23:48 AM

Disruptor wrote:
> Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is
> easy compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.

Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even thinking about
it.

> I just got to Cerluean City. I forgot how much time you had to spend
> getting ready to tackle Brock and Mt. Moon. At least with a
> Bulbasaur. Charmander OWNED Viridian Forest.

What do you mean? Bulbasaur can take on Brock's gym all by itself.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:23:49 AM

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Disruptor wrote:
>> Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is
>> easy compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.
>

> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even thinking
> about it.

Turns out, I didn't need a Pikachu. A lvl 22 Gloom cut through Misty's gym
like buttah.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:23:50 AM

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Disruptor wrote:
>>> Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is
>>> easy compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.
>>

>> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even
>> thinking about it.
>
> Turns out, I didn't need a Pikachu. A lvl 22 Gloom cut through
> Misty's gym like buttah.

Who is your starter?
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 4:23:51 AM

> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even
>>> thinking about it.
>>
>> Turns out, I didn't need a Pikachu. A lvl 22 Gloom cut through
>> Misty's gym like buttah.
>
> Who is your starter?

Female charmander. Right now I'm in Fuschia City, with
36 Charizard,
37 Vaporeon,
37 Primeape,
37 Butterfree,
36 Dugtrio.
Still haven't decided what to use for my 6th one, and whether or not to keep
Primeape.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:06:32 AM

"Brandon Taylor" <brandonfromholly@webtv.net> wrote in message
> are you talking about red v.s. HI im brandon age 11. i just beat
> the elite 4 in ruby v.s can i be part of your group. i all ready beat
> red v.s.!!!!

Hi! Brandon, do you mean the new Fire Red or the original Red?

We do have Red, Blue, Yellow (also know as RBY) and Gold, Silver, Crystal
(also know as GSC) and Ruby, Sapphire (aka RS or RuSa) and now Fire Red,
Leaf Green (aka FRLG or FR/LG) for the GameBoy. There is also Pokemon
Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2 for the N64 and Pokemon Colusseum (spelled
wrong?) and Pokemon Box for the Game Cube. Not to mention the Japanese
versions....

As a rule, we (newsgroup users) tend to bottom post. I would direct you to
the NG FAQ, but I had a small computer problem (my darling fixes all
computer problems the same way; format C) so I don't have the link.

I hope you are having fun.

daramark
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:58:31 AM

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> Female charmander. Right now I'm in Fuschia City, with
> 36 Charizard,
> 37 Vaporeon,

Pretty good. So far I don't have any fire type moves in my part. I have
Bulbasaur, Kadabra, Lapras, and Geodude, plus Meowth for pickup, cut, and
flash, and Pidgey for fly. I'm sure I'll find some others to put in the #5/6
spots, but for now this is working.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 11:28:44 AM

I found a clafairy and pikachu REALY easy !!!
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 2:28:06 PM

John Salerno wrote:

> Disruptor wrote:
> > Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is
> > easy compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.
>
> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even thinking about
> it.

The Clefairy or the Pikachu?

> > I just got to Cerluean City. I forgot how much time you had to spend
> > getting ready to tackle Brock and Mt. Moon. At least with a
> > Bulbasaur. Charmander OWNED Viridian Forest.
>
> What do you mean? Bulbasaur can take on Brock's gym all by itself.

But it has to be high enough level to take out Brock's stuff in one hit or have
enough HP to withstand an attack if it takes two. Weedle, Caterpie, Metapod,
Kakuna, Pidgey, and Spearow are not the best things for a grass pokemon to level
up on. Charmander has an easy time of it, until you hit Brock's gym since it
can level up very fast in Viridian Forest
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:16:53 PM

Disruptor wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> Disruptor wrote:
>>> Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is
>>> easy compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.
>>
>> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even
>> thinking about it.
>
> The Clefairy or the Pikachu?

Actually, both. But I was referring to Clefairy.

> But it has to be high enough level to take out Brock's stuff in one
> hit or have enough HP to withstand an attack if it takes two.
> Weedle, Caterpie, Metapod, Kakuna, Pidgey, and Spearow are not the
> best things for a grass pokemon to level up on.

I don't know. I didn't have a problem with it at all, and I wasn't using
other pokemon at the time.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 10:22:39 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Disruptor wrote:
> > I found one pretty fast (luck, I guess), and, yes, it was very handy
> > against Misty.
>
> Finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest or a Jigglypuff on Route 3 is easy
> compared to finding a Clefairy in Mount Moon.

Strange. I ran into 5 or 6 of the buggers at the Cereluan side of Mt.
Moon a day or so ago... In fact, it was 5 or 6 in a row - no Geodudes or
Parases or Zubats at all.

September 12, 2004 10:32:46 PM

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> Female charmander. Right now I'm in Fuschia City, with
> 36 Charizard,
> 37 Vaporeon,
> 37 Primeape,
> 37 Butterfree,
> 36 Dugtrio.
> Still haven't decided what to use for my 6th one, and whether or not to
> keep Primeape.

Weird lineup... Keep the Primeape, though, unless you can get a Machamp,
of course. They've improved a lot since the old days... [my current Leaf
Green linup is, most between level 40 & 42, Venusaur (mainly reduced to
being my catcher, thanks to Sleep Powder), Zapdos (level 51), Primeape,
Graveler (alas, even if I wasn't stuck with ROMs [CA$200 for a GBA + cart is
a bit out of my league :], I'd have no one to trade with anyways), Starmie
(since I can't get Alakazam, especially not a *punching one...) and a Vulpix
(level 23, in the process of getting big)]

September 12, 2004 10:35:59 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, John Salerno wrote:
> Pretty good. So far I don't have any fire type moves in my part. I have
> Bulbasaur, Kadabra, Lapras, and Geodude, plus Meowth for pickup, cut, and
> flash, and Pidgey for fly. I'm sure I'll find some others to put in the
> #5/6 spots, but for now this is working.

Ewww! Pidgey! *SPEW* Replace with a Spearow! :)  [Return, Drill Peck,
Fly and a miscellaneous move]

September 12, 2004 11:02:52 PM

> Disruptor wrote:
>> John Salerno wrote:

>>> Actually, I ran into two of them fairly quickly, without even
>>> thinking about it.
>>
>> The Clefairy or the Pikachu?
>
> Actually, both. But I was referring to Clefairy.
>

>> But it has to be high enough level to take out Brock's stuff in one
>> hit or have enough HP to withstand an attack if it takes two.
>> Weedle, Caterpie, Metapod, Kakuna, Pidgey, and Spearow are not the
>> best things for a grass pokemon to level up on.
>
> I don't know. I didn't have a problem with it at all, and I wasn't using
> other pokemon at the time.

My Mankey took care of Brock's Pokemon. Like buttah...
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 12:48:55 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:32:46 -0300, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon Joseph William
Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

>> Female charmander. Right now I'm in Fuschia City, with
>> 36 Charizard,
>> 37 Vaporeon,
>> 37 Primeape,
>> 37 Butterfree,
>> 36 Dugtrio.
>> Still haven't decided what to use for my 6th one, and whether or not to
>> keep Primeape.

Yeah Dugtrio rules!!!
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 6:39:39 AM

Ye both Pikachu and Clefairy are quite easy to find in Veridian Forest
and Mount Moon. Mankey is really good for battling brook.
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 4:37:43 PM

The_unknown2000@hotmail.com wrote:
> Ye both Pikachu and Clefairy are quite easy to find in Veridian Forest
> and Mount Moon. Mankey is really good for battling brook.

??????????????
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 7:14:44 PM

Joseph William Dixon wrote:

> Graveler (alas, even if I wasn't stuck with ROMs [CA$200 for a GBA + cart is
> a bit out of my league :]

Haven't you seen the commercials? The GBA SP is now $79.99, or it is
here in the US at least.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

September 16, 2004 1:11:28 AM

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> Joseph William Dixon wrote:
> > Graveler (alas, even if I wasn't stuck with ROMs [CA$200 for a GBA +
> > cart is a bit out of my league :]
>
> Haven't you seen the commercials? The GBA SP is now $79.99, or it is
> here in the US at least.

Up here it's something like $119 Canadian (CA$1.00 = US$0.77). Plus CA$50
for the game, most likely, + 15% sales tax and we've got about CA$195
(US$150). Might be a little less, since I've not been to any Radio Shacks
or Wal-Marts for a couple of months, but the $119's after that price cut
(down from $139 or some such).

September 16, 2004 1:11:29 AM

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040915210646.13509A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> > Joseph William Dixon wrote:
> > > Graveler (alas, even if I wasn't stuck with ROMs [CA$200 for a GBA +
> > > cart is a bit out of my league :]
> >
> > Haven't you seen the commercials? The GBA SP is now $79.99, or it is
> > here in the US at least.
>
> Up here it's something like $119 Canadian (CA$1.00 = US$0.77). Plus
CA$50
> for the game, most likely, + 15% sales tax and we've got about CA$195
> (US$150). Might be a little less, since I've not been to any Radio Shacks
> or Wal-Marts for a couple of months, but the $119's after that price cut
> (down from $139 or some such).

While in Walmart today, finding out that FR/LG are sold out, I noticed a
rollback (as my friend who works for one is always saying "Walmart doesn't
have sales, they have Roll Backs") on SP's. 97 something so call it $98.00
plus 14.70 tax so an SP costs $112.70 Canadian. And I know that Advance is
under $70.

daramark
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:42:22 PM

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, daramark wrote:
> > Up here it's something like $119 Canadian (CA$1.00 = US$0.77).
><<<snip>>>
> While in Walmart today, finding out that FR/LG are sold out, I noticed a
> rollback (as my friend who works for one is always saying "Walmart doesn't
> have sales, they have Roll Backs") on SP's. 97 something so call it
> $98.00 plus 14.70 tax so an SP costs $112.70 Canadian. And I know that
> Advance is under $70.

You got lucky, then. I went this morning and checked out of curiosity. I
was off, but not by much. Wal-Mart's price was $108 and change for SP, and
$97 & change for regular. $124.20 & $111.55, plus the $58 (afer tax) for an
average game is still way out of my league. :)

September 16, 2004 3:48:22 PM

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040916113904.16753A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, daramark wrote:
> > > Up here it's something like $119 Canadian (CA$1.00 = US$0.77).
> ><<<snip>>>
> > While in Walmart today, finding out that FR/LG are sold out, I noticed a
> > rollback (as my friend who works for one is always saying "Walmart
doesn't
> > have sales, they have Roll Backs") on SP's. 97 something so call it
> > $98.00 plus 14.70 tax so an SP costs $112.70 Canadian. And I know that
> > Advance is under $70.
>
> You got lucky, then. I went this morning and checked out of curiosity.
> was off, but not by much. Wal-Mart's price was $108 and change for SP,
and
> $97 & change for regular. $124.20 & $111.55, plus the $58 (afer tax) for
an
> average game is still way out of my league. :)

I've noticed that Walmart stores have some leeway with regard to prices.
Some stores sell diapers cheaper than other stores for instance. If there
is more than one store that you can get too fairly easily, try phoning
around for prices. And most stores these days will price match whether or
not they announce that they do, so check the flyers. Sometimes when they
price match, they take off another 5% (which isn't much admittedly, but
better than nothing).

Then there is the "all I want for Christmas is an SP an FR/LG" approach. If
nobody can do either one of them by themselves, ask them to buddy up or to
give money to your Pokemon Fund. Works for birthdays and most other special
days too.

I have not a hope of the Christmas present, my darling doesn't like my time
wasting playing Pokemon...<sigh>

daramark
Anonymous
November 13, 2010 1:56:03 PM

I caught one it took 14 hours of non-stop play though
November 13, 2010 3:36:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!