Where does Pokedex information come from?

Last response: in Video Games
September 10, 2004 11:09:29 AM

The various site that have a Pokedex on them, where do they get the
information from? Is there a database somewhere that has all the
information about the base stats, the descriptions, the bitmaps, the
attacks? Are each of these sites maintianing their own database of
this information?

More about : pokedex information

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 7:32:47 PM

Eric Hertlein wrote:
> The various site that have a Pokedex on them, where do they get the
> information from? Is there a database somewhere that has all the
> information about the base stats, the descriptions, the bitmaps, the
> attacks? Are each of these sites maintianing their own database of
> this information?

Well, my site (link below) uses a mixture of data that I got from other
sites (primarily pokefor.tk) and stuff I ripped directly from the ROM.
In the case of the other sites, the data came about when *they* ripped
it directly from the ROM.

In other words, the "database somewhere that has all the information" is
the game ROM, and nerds look through it to figure everything out. :)

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
!