Where does Pokedex information come from?

The various site that have a Pokedex on them, where do they get the
information from? Is there a database somewhere that has all the
information about the base stats, the descriptions, the bitmaps, the
attacks? Are each of these sites maintianing their own database of
this information?
1 answer Last reply
More about where pokedex information from

    Eric Hertlein wrote:
    > The various site that have a Pokedex on them, where do they get the
    > information from? Is there a database somewhere that has all the
    > information about the base stats, the descriptions, the bitmaps, the
    > attacks? Are each of these sites maintianing their own database of
    > this information?

    Well, my site (link below) uses a mixture of data that I got from other
    sites (primarily pokefor.tk) and stuff I ripped directly from the ROM.
    In the case of the other sites, the data came about when *they* ripped
    it directly from the ROM.

    In other words, the "database somewhere that has all the information" is
    the game ROM, and nerds look through it to figure everything out. :)

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Database Games Nintendo Video Games