  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 16, 2004 10:57:13 AM

I would like to set my folders up so when I open them it
will display the details. Currently the default setting
is Large Icons. How can I change this setting for all of
my folders? Thanks for the help!

Todd

More about : viewing file details folders

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 5:28:25 AM

"Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to set my folders up so when I open them it
> will display the details. Currently the default setting
> is Large Icons. How can I change this setting for all of
> my folders? Thanks for the help!
>
> Todd

Whats happening is that each folder is being asked to remember its own view
setting. In your folder options, disable remember each folder's view
settings, OK, change the current view settings to detail in Explorer, launch
folder options again and "like this folder", apply.
!