Setting "List" as the default folder view

I have read just about everywhere I know where to look, but as a novice XP
user I can't seem to figure out how to set the "list" view as the default for
all of my folders. I am sure it's an easy fix, but can someone help me out?

Open Explorer
Set it to list view
Select Tools - Folder Options from the menu bar
On the View tab click "Apply to all Folders"

Regards
Mark Dormer

"S. Paksima" <SPaksima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read just about everywhere I know where to look, but as a novice XP
> user I can't seem to figure out how to set the "list" view as the default
> for
> all of my folders. I am sure it's an easy fix, but can someone help me
> out?

I have been fooling around with the options in "folder options-view" for so
long and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting what I needed...all the
time it was right in front of my nose!

Many thanks!
S. Paksima

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> Open Explorer
> Set it to list view
> Select Tools - Folder Options from the menu bar
> On the View tab click "Apply to all Folders"
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> "S. Paksima" <SPaksima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have read just about everywhere I know where to look, but as a novice XP
> > user I can't seem to figure out how to set the "list" view as the default
> > for
> > all of my folders. I am sure it's an easy fix, but can someone help me
> > out?

Many thanks Mark! I knew it had to be something pretty simple, but I
couldn't seem to figure out which options to enable in the "folder
options-view" tab.

Thanks!
S. Paksima