Windows 2000 Pro Install from boot disk set.

I created setup boot disk for Windows 2000 Pro as per KB
article 197063. When I try to install from the floppies
while running disk #2 I receive the following error
message:
"File SETUPREG.HIV could not be loaded. The error code is
4105. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

The CD for Windows 2000 Pro is not bootable and I am
trying to install to a new drive and don't want to install
Windows 98 on it just so I can upgrade to 2000. At a lost
to understand why the boot disk won't work. Help is needed.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 install boot disk

    To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
    disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
    CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
    makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
    prompts.

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Ron" wrote:
    | I created setup boot disk for Windows 2000 Pro as per KB
    | article 197063. When I try to install from the floppies
    | while running disk #2 I receive the following error
    | message:
    | "File SETUPREG.HIV could not be loaded. The error code is
    | 4105. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."
    |
    | The CD for Windows 2000 Pro is not bootable and I am
    | trying to install to a new drive and don't want to install
    | Windows 98 on it just so I can upgrade to 2000. At a lost
    | to understand why the boot disk won't work. Help is needed.

    The win2k cd is bootable

    "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I created setup boot disk for Windows 2000 Pro as per KB
    > article 197063. When I try to install from the floppies
    > while running disk #2 I receive the following error
    > message:
    > "File SETUPREG.HIV could not be loaded. The error code is
    > 4105. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."
    >
    > The CD for Windows 2000 Pro is not bootable and I am
    > trying to install to a new drive and don't want to install
    > Windows 98 on it just so I can upgrade to 2000. At a lost
    > to understand why the boot disk won't work. Help is needed.

    If you think that the 2000 CD-ROM is "unbootable", chances are you are
    booting up the system with a boot up option that does NOT support booting up
    using the CD-ROM.

    Please check your BIOS options and ensure that you have set the boot up
    option to be able to use CD-ROM boot up...

    Then follow the instractions of Dave.

    Ted

    "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I created setup boot disk for Windows 2000 Pro as per KB
    > article 197063. When I try to install from the floppies
    > while running disk #2 I receive the following error
    > message:
    > "File SETUPREG.HIV could not be loaded. The error code is
    > 4105. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."
    >
    > The CD for Windows 2000 Pro is not bootable and I am
    > trying to install to a new drive and don't want to install
    > Windows 98 on it just so I can upgrade to 2000. At a lost
    > to understand why the boot disk won't work. Help is needed.

Windows 2000 Boot Windows