my hd partitions DISSAPEAR, somebody hav usefull info about?

GotikO

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Before everything, Hi everybody, my problem is the following... i hav a HP Media Center m1170n (with 200gb harddrive, windows media center 2005)modified(i changed to it the ati x300 with an ati x1300 and i added a module of 1 gb of ram ddr400). well that's not the problem... a few days ago my machine started to hav strange movements... i mean when i turn the pc on when the "loading thing" of windows appears the system just restart by itself... so it cannot advance after that point... i tried F8 to access via save mode(NOTHING), i try F10 to recover the disk via recovery partition(NOTHING) so i decided to insert a xp pro disc in the dvd rom... then i started the process of format the disk... the problem was that i just found one partition of the three i used to have(C: for windows, D: recovery partition, and E: for data)... the only one that appeared was the C but without any format.. i mean it just appeared with a message which said(UNKNOWN... that's for unknown format).. ok just to make a synthesis of this.. i think i lost my recovery partition, and all my data just because i restarted the pc and then it doesn't could load the OS again. so now my 200gb hd is 127, is there anyway i can recover my data, or in case i can't recover my data at least a way to recover my gb's back... i just installed windows xp professional(a pirate version just because i couldn't make my recovery discs before everything got lost :S, and i entered to computer management/disk management and i found this...
ahhhh and YES... theres nothing more than the C: partition with 127 gb's :S.
please if somebody can help me, tell me what can i do... thankx!! and sorry because of my writing... i have many time writing in spanish so i'm forgettin how to write english :$.

PD: i cannot send my pc to HP cuz now i'm living in Dominican Republic and i'm not going to pay all that money to repair my pc...

Take the hard disk out of the computer, hook it up to another computer as slave. You data will probably be back. Happens to me a lot with external hard drives. Once hooked up to a different computer everything is back to normal.

GotikO

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
damn... i would try that. i was thinking about it but don't know... i wasn't sure... :S thankx ahhh but i have something... my harddrive is SATA... not IDE i saw yesterday that sata cannot be slave bcuz of it's unique port... only one per port.. anyways i would try it... thanks for ur time evongugg.. u r so gentle :)

TRENDING THREADS