Default browser changed.. hyberlinks dead

March 15, 2005 3:33:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

After installing "Touchnet browser", and changing changed to it, all web
link were opened by that. However, I uninstalled that browser and set the IE
6 to the default browser again. Now, many hyperlinks in my computer,
especially those in "Richtext boxes" and programs ( other than Browsers)
don't work or launch any thing. I have tried
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE","http://Localhost/") in my .NET programs, and it
works fine.
Web links in "Help and Support Center" also don't function anymore.
Any registry solution to this?

Thanks for any help.
----
PS: (Win XP Pro + SP2 , .NET FrameWork 1.1, browsers: 'IE' ver.
6.0.2900.2180 & 'Opera' ver. 7.0.3613.0)
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:33:50 PM

"#ROBERT" <rodfif@mailfsf.com> wrote in message
> After installing "Touchnet browser", and changing changed to it, all web
> link were opened by that. However, I uninstalled that browser and set the
> IE
> 6 to the default browser again. Now, many hyperlinks in my computer,
> especially those in "Richtext boxes" and programs ( other than Browsers)
> don't work or launch any thing. I have tried
> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE","http://Localhost/") in my .NET programs, and it
> works fine.
> Web links in "Help and Support Center" also don't function anymore.
> Any registry solution to this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> ----
> PS: (Win XP Pro + SP2 , .NET FrameWork 1.1, browsers: 'IE' ver.
> 6.0.2900.2180 & 'Opera' ver. 7.0.3613.0)

From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

While your at it, fix the date and time on your computer.

[...]

Fix your systrem clock, you're posting from the FUTURE !

"#ROBERT" <rodfif@mailfsf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> After installing "Touchnet browser", and changing changed to it, all web
> link were opened by that. However, I uninstalled that browser and set the
> IE
> 6 to the default browser again. Now, many hyperlinks in my computer,
> especially those in "Richtext boxes" and programs ( other than Browsers)
> don't work or launch any thing. I have tried
> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE","http://Localhost/") in my .NET programs, and it
> works fine.
> Web links in "Help and Support Center" also don't function anymore.
> Any registry solution to this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> ----
> PS: (Win XP Pro + SP2 , .NET FrameWork 1.1, browsers: 'IE' ver.
> 6.0.2900.2180 & 'Opera' ver. 7.0.3613.0)

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:33:51 PM

From: "Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com>

| Fix your systrem clock, you're posting from the FUTURE !
|
| "#ROBERT" <rodfif@mailfsf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Maybe you should look at WHERE he is posting from !

--
Dave
March 15, 2005 3:33:51 PM

BR549 wrote:

> While your at it, fix the date and time on your computer.

Thats an old trick to keep a post at the top of the list.
Typically those should go un-answered to drive home the point
that doing things like that is not acceptable. I'll grant that
it is possible for it to be an unintentional, say, due to a
clock configuration problem, but as most systems now-a-days
keep the clock in sync via ntp i doubt you'd see that particular
problem very often.
Also, i think (I could be wrong on this point) that if it were caused
by timezone you'd see it a lot more often.
Eric
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:33:52 PM

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com>
>
>> Fix your systrem clock, you're posting from the FUTURE !
>>
>> "#ROBERT" <rodfif@mailfsf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> Maybe you should look at WHERE he is posting from !

According to his zone settings, Kabul, but what does that have to do with
the price of haddock?

March 15, 2005 3:33:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Doesn't matter. In News-Readers the posting time is AUTOMATICALLY
transformed into that of the current reader (something like GMT + xx hours).
In this way the posts are always supposed to be put into a correct time
order,
no matter in what timezone it was originally posted in.

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> From: "Ralf Baumhoefer" <fcbayern_owp@yahoo.com>
>
> | Fix your systrem clock, you're posting from the FUTURE !
> |
> | "#ROBERT" <rodfif@mailfsf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> Maybe you should look at WHERE he is posting from !
>
> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:33:53 PM

From: "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com>

| According to his zone settings, Kabul, but what does that have to do with
| the price of haddock?
|
| --
| In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Close ...