locked out

i locked myself out of my computer. it now requires me
to login with user name and password. problem is i don't
know what the password is. the user name defaults i
guess to something and i have tried usual passwords etc
and i can't figure it out. should i just reinstall
windows 2000? all my pics etc will be gone though, is
that correct?

"Brandee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> i locked myself out of my computer. it now requires me
> to login with user name and password. problem is i don't
> know what the password is. the user name defaults i
> guess to something and i have tried usual passwords etc
> and i can't figure it out. should i just reinstall
> windows 2000? all my pics etc will be gone though, is
> that correct?

Humm? It's not sooo bad really.
First simple thing to try is writing "Administrator" as the logon. You
see when you first install 2000 it will have an Administrator account and
your account with the name you gave it when you first installed it, this
account is an Administrator account but you may have forgotten to tell
your computer that this accounts password never expires. Perhaps that is
what happened? Now if you try logging on w/ the built in account
(Administrator) you might get in w/ a blank password.
You won't lose your pics and stuff if you reinstall, just do not choose a
clean install, this will destroy all that's there.
I hope you really are the admin and not a kid locked out of the candy
store. Stick around for some better advice.