Limit access to regedit

My son has conveniently figured out how to disable IE Content Advisor through
the registry editor. Is there any way I can keep his user account from being
able to access the registry editor? I'm nervous he's going to mess something
up.
1 answer Last reply
More about limit access regedit

    Hi,

    If you have WinXP Pro, click start/run, type gpedit.msc. Under User
    Config/Admin Templates/System there is a setting to disable registry editing
    for specified users. For WinXP Home, try:
    http://www.freelists.org/archives/regtips/08-2004/msg00000.html

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Maximobien" <Maximobien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My son has conveniently figured out how to disable IE Content Advisor
    > through
    > the registry editor. Is there any way I can keep his user account from
    > being
    > able to access the registry editor? I'm nervous he's going to mess
    > something
    > up.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Regedit Registry Windows XP