ibdavid1

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Ok here is my proplem. I recently upgraded to a x1950 pro agp card and antec 500w psu. then my os crapped so I added 2 250gb ultra ata 100 HDD's. I have 2 gb of matched corsair ddr 400.

Well my old A7N8Xe-Deluxe mobo and xp3200+ is bottlenecking me bad so I need a mobo & processor to hold me about a yr till I do a complete rebuild. I've been looking at socket 939 with agp and amd 64 x2 processors. Kinda at a loss now any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

with the $$$ I have spent I should have probably went to pci-e but it still would have been more and when I rebuild I want what I want ya know so my cash has to be right.
Help :?

ibdavid1

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I looked at that Mobo but they are not supported anymore and my corsair mem is not compatable :wink: Thatks for all the fast reaponces guys I get my Bonus from work next week ... with the mobo and cpu I would like to stay below 500 bucks if I could. I can't say oc'in is not an issue cause knowing me what ever I get will be overclocked. :lol:

This might be a good subject for Tom to explore.. as I like alot of people dont want to go spen a ton of cash and a new cpu,dual,quad, hardware in general will come out and make it immediatly obsolete. with AMD and Intel having a war I expect great things in the next year just wanna ride it out till it cools down some.

Knighty

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007

ibdavid1

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Looks like all the AGP want an intel processor.... It looks like it's going to be hard to find a decent socket 939 and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ or higher to fit it... I'm dying here. Thanks for all the help keep em coming and stay below 500 bucks :D

ibdavid1

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
well after much googling and general frustration I decided to go with :

ASRock 775Dual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 PRO ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

It's a cheap mobo I know but I got my cor2duo processor and I can still use my X1950 Pro AGP card and my Corsair ddr400 mem till I finish my build. It's a great in between board even supports ddr2 mem and has a pci slot.. I'll let ya know how it works.
Thanks
ET2
aka: EvilTwin2

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Nice find on the MB, You notice Newegg does not even list a Core2Duo CPU on this spec sheet. I might have to look more at that as I have an old AGP I might use in something

ibdavid1

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Pros: This board did exactly what I expected to do; it got me int the C2D word without building an entire new rig. It worked fine with my E6300. Performance was not stellar at the 300 MHz OC I achieved without much problem. Now I am moving on to build a rig where I can properly overclock the little beastie. The mother board worked fine and I will pass it on to someone else.

Cons: None. It is a modest motherboard but everything worked fine right out of the box.

Other Thoughts: I wish someone had produced a AGP/DDR/C2D motherboard that had a higher OC capability. I believe there is a good market for such a board since AGP DX10 video cards will be produced.