Partition To Small Problem

This may seem like an Exchange question but it is not.
The consultants that set up our servers, before me, put
our Microsoft Exchange server on a 4GB partition. On
this same partition they have our Antivirus as well as
some other programs installed. We are constantly running
out of disk space on this partition and Exchange stops
functioning. Is there any way to increase the partition
size without affecting anything else? My last resort is
to partition, format, and reload all the software on the
server but I don't necessarily want to do that. I know
that I can move the mailboxes from within our Exchange
server, but I think a better long-term solution would be
to increase the disk space.

We are currently running Windows 2000 Server SP 3 on a
Dell Poweredge 2500. This server is running active
directory and raid.

Kennith Owens wrote:
> This may seem like an Exchange question but it is not.
> The consultants that set up our servers, before me, put
> our Microsoft Exchange server on a 4GB partition. On
> this same partition they have our Antivirus as well as
> some other programs installed. We are constantly running
> out of disk space on this partition and Exchange stops
> functioning. Is there any way to increase the partition
> size without affecting anything else? My last resort is
> to partition, format, and reload all the software on the
> server but I don't necessarily want to do that. I know
> that I can move the mailboxes from within our Exchange
> server, but I think a better long-term solution would be
> to increase the disk space.
>
> We are currently running Windows 2000 Server SP 3 on a
> Dell Poweredge 2500. This server is running active
> directory and raid.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ouch - 4GB was standard practice in the old NT days, but I do at least 10GB
system partitions now. You can't really change your system partition as is -
although ServerMagic may be of some use - and perhaps you don't need to.

Have you moved your Exchange stores & logs to another folder? Also badmail?
I'd uninstall whatever you can easily uninstall (not Exchange) and reinstall
to another partition if possible as well.