25 character product key

Does anyone know how I can obtain a new 25 character
product key in order for me to re-install my 2000
professional operating system. I've misplaced the
original package and can't locate the key anywhere.
2 answers Last reply
More about character product

    Doug Roshto <frank.roshto@williams.com> wrote:
    > Does anyone know how I can obtain a new 25 character
    > product key in order for me to re-install my 2000
    > professional operating system. I've misplaced the
    > original package and can't locate the key anywhere.

    If your system is still running, you can use this to find the key:

    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio

    Greetings --

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
    that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
    installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
    affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

    To recover a lost Product Key:

    If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
    Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
    Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
    haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
    of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
    Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
    be -- used for a re-installation.)

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact whomever sold you the
    OS; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of the
    Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
    new license.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Doug Roshto" <frank.roshto@williams.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how I can obtain a new 25 character
    > product key in order for me to re-install my 2000
    > professional operating system. I've misplaced the
    > original package and can't locate the key anywhere.

Microsoft Windows