Why would windows update go to Italian?

And how do I change it back to English?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

More about windows update italian

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:40:18 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

    > And how do I change it back to English?

    In Internet Explorer select Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab
    click the Languages button. Make sure that English is the first language
    in the list. If it isn't, select it and click Move Up until it is at the
    top, or add it if necessary.

    If everything was already OK there, it might also be your regional
    settings. Open Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel. Make
    sure you have the correct language specified is specified there an all
    tabs.

    Finally you can also change the language of choice directly on the
    windowsupdate site. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and click the
    settings link on the left. There make sure that English is selected. If
    it isn't, select it and click the apply button that is found on the bottom
    right corner of the page.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    "Binyamin Dissen" <postingid@dissensoftware.com> wrote in message
    > And how do I change it back to English?

    Tools | Internet Options | Languages (on the General tab)
    Make sure English is at the top.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Background please?
    When did it happen?
    Did you install something?
    Toyed with the Regional and Language options?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:33:27 -0500 Tom Porterfield <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote:

    :>On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:40:18 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

    :>> And how do I change it back to English?

    :>In Internet Explorer select Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab
    :>click the Languages button. Make sure that English is the first language
    :>in the list. If it isn't, select it and click Move Up until it is at the
    :>top, or add it if necessary.

    I guess I had to do a restart after selecting English.

    Is this that a script can change or does it require an active-x? I did look at
    an Italian site.

    --
    Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
    http://www.dissensoftware.com