Why would windows update go to Italian?

And how do I change it back to English?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:40:18 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

> And how do I change it back to English?

In Internet Explorer select Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab
click the Languages button. Make sure that English is the first language
in the list. If it isn't, select it and click Move Up until it is at the
top, or add it if necessary.

If everything was already OK there, it might also be your regional
settings. Open Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel. Make
sure you have the correct language specified is specified there an all
tabs.

Finally you can also change the language of choice directly on the
windowsupdate site. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and click the
settings link on the left. There make sure that English is selected. If
it isn't, select it and click the apply button that is found on the bottom
right corner of the page.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

"Binyamin Dissen" <postingid@dissensoftware.com> wrote in message
> And how do I change it back to English?

Tools | Internet Options | Languages (on the General tab)
Make sure English is at the top.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Background please?
When did it happen?
Did you install something?
Toyed with the Regional and Language options?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:33:27 -0500 Tom Porterfield <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote:

:>On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:40:18 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

:>> And how do I change it back to English?

:>In Internet Explorer select Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab
:>click the Languages button. Make sure that English is the first language
:>in the list. If it isn't, select it and click Move Up until it is at the
:>top, or add it if necessary.

I guess I had to do a restart after selecting English.

Is this that a script can change or does it require an active-x? I did look at
an Italian site.