Can't access configuration panel

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I try to access configuration panel on a Win2K server, it just freezes.
How can I fix that, and how can I uninstall programs using the command line
for example.
Ben

Ben wrote:
> When I try to access configuration panel on a Win2K server, it just
> freezes. How can I fix that, and how can I uninstall programs using
> the command line for example.
> Ben

Not sure what "configuration panel" means - control panel? Does this happen
in safe mode, too?
And you need to uninstall programs using Add/Remove Programs or the
uninstall shortcut in the app's program group, if there is one.

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes I am talking about Control Panel. I have a problem with MSDE and I
thought I would uninstall and re-install it. But I can't access the Control
Panel..Any ideas

Ben
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> a écrit dans le
message de news:%23MA7lDAcEHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Ben wrote:
> > When I try to access configuration panel on a Win2K server, it just
> > freezes. How can I fix that, and how can I uninstall programs using
> > the command line for example.
> > Ben
>
> Not sure what "configuration panel" means - control panel? Does this
happen
> in safe mode, too?
> And you need to uninstall programs using Add/Remove Programs or the
> uninstall shortcut in the app's program group, if there is one.

What errors do you get?
Can you see anything in your event logs?
Got good antivirus software? Update it and run a full scan -
Also see
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:56:10 +0200, "Ben" <balash@perso.ch> wrote:

> Yes I am talking about Control Panel. I have a problem with MSDE and I
>thought I would uninstall and re-install it. But I can't access the Control
>Panel..Any ideas
>
>Ben

Try Spybot Search & Destroy or AdAware.
What you're describing is classical behaviour of spyware. Seen it on
an clients pc once.

Wannes

TRENDING THREADS