dual boot set up

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 22, 2004 3:41:25 PM

Hi, I've never done this before. I want a dual boot setup
where I want to install win2000 on both partitions. My
questions are: will I have to purchase 2 separate versions
of win2000 and if I don't, will I need to purchase any
other software that will allow me to manage both setups
ie. choose which set up to run during booting?

daniel

More about : dual boot set

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 9:58:12 PM

I don't know what the strictly legal situation is with running two
copies of Windows in dual partitions, but since only one machine is
involved and you can only run one installation at a time, the point
is, at best, rather moot in practice.

Technically, there is no problem. You can use the same installation CD
to install in each partition. You don't need to purchase any extra
boot management software .... Win2K will set up its own boot manager
during setup of the second installation, when it examines the system
and recognises the first installation.

!