dual boot set up

Hi, I've never done this before. I want a dual boot setup
where I want to install win2000 on both partitions. My
questions are: will I have to purchase 2 separate versions
of win2000 and if I don't, will I need to purchase any
other software that will allow me to manage both setups
ie. choose which set up to run during booting?

daniel
1 answer Last reply
More about dual boot

    I don't know what the strictly legal situation is with running two
    copies of Windows in dual partitions, but since only one machine is
    involved and you can only run one installation at a time, the point
    is, at best, rather moot in practice.

    Technically, there is no problem. You can use the same installation CD
    to install in each partition. You don't need to purchase any extra
    boot management software .... Win2K will set up its own boot manager
    during setup of the second installation, when it examines the system
    and recognises the first installation.

    daniel wrote:

    > Hi, I've never done this before. I want a dual boot setup
    > where I want to install win2000 on both partitions. My
    > questions are: will I have to purchase 2 separate versions
    > of win2000 and if I don't, will I need to purchase any
    > other software that will allow me to manage both setups
    > ie. choose which set up to run during booting?

Internet Explorer Dual Boot Microsoft Windows