Sign in with
Your question

X1950XT and Liquid Cooling Maybe ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2007 11:41:52 AM

Hey ppl. I'm relatively(I was following some topics before i joined) new on this forum and have some things in my mind to ask.

I have these two at the moment along with AMD Athlon 64 3200 AM2, epox MF4Ultra3 and Kingston 2x512 533 DDR (dual channel)

The 3dmark2006 basic (1280x1024) score is 4431. At first, one may fear the PSU is not enough. But these are my PSU's specs :

Then I thought that it's low due to my CPU but i can't be sure as I couldn't find someone with a similar setup to compare.

And, I heard Accelero X2 blows hot air to the Motherboard. Should I go for liquid cooling and if so can someone recommend anything they currently have or tried ?

More about : x1950xt liquid cooling

March 1, 2007 12:25:34 PM

The PSU should be fine... and the score is kinda low but its because the rest of ur system.

I have x1950xt 256mb and E6600 @ 3.6 ghz and get @ 7000 in 2006 ( note that my vc was also a bit overclocked )

In other words ur system is holding u back big time .. its bottlenecking ur vc for sure...

hope this helps
March 1, 2007 2:14:30 PM

Bad psu will cause crashing, maybe stuttering in rare cases.

Not low 3dMarks.
Related resources
March 1, 2007 2:46:48 PM

Yeah i thought so but i was low on budget and cpu wasn't a big deal for me at first.

Now if i can solve this heat issue before summer. It gets really hot here in Istanbul.
March 1, 2007 3:05:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah i thought so but i was low on budget and cpu wasn't a big deal for me at first.

Now if i can solve this heat issue before summer. It gets really hot here in Istanbul.

As far as your 3Dmark score goes, if you listed the individual scores (SM2, HDR/SM3, cpu), it would be easier to figure out the problem.

As to the heat issue in Istanbul and changing to a liquid cooling for the video card, Sapphire makes a X1950 Toxic which is factory liquid cooled. It both helps with the cooling and lowers the noise factor. The other possible problem you have is not having a cpu with enough mhz. But without individual scores, its all but impossible to tell where the source of the problem is.
March 1, 2007 4:45:12 PM

old after market ati coolers ducted out the back they worked great i have on a 850xt - the new one does indeed blow on the mobo i had one on a 1800xtx - i thought it caused the system to shut down but it did not.

i did not like it anyways.

you can get a water cooling systems that will fit in 2 5.25 bays for $70 at new egg and it water cool the koolance cooler ($70 too) nicely
!