internet explorer wallpaper

A friend of mine accidentally got landed with a strange 'print screen'
dumped to her desk top as wallpaper/background when she was installing
NOrton 2005. How she did it i dont know. I placed instead a windows
background image hoping that would just override it which it did BUT it has
now left a oblong box on the screen with a tiny top LHSide image box with a
red X as in when you down load an image you cant open. The larger box is
'see through' so it just appears as an outline. In the background pull down
list there is still a internet exploreer wallpaper file , I was hoping that
if i could delete that file the stange box on her desktop would go also.
So.... can anyone tell me where these files are and if they can be deleted.
also whether you think it will solve her problem
thanks Judy

It sounds like a desktop item not wallpaper.

Start - Display - Desktop - Customise Desktop - Web