Cannot create quick launch tool bar

Dee

My quick launch tool bar has disappeared. I have tried to
right click on the empty space, then creat tool bar, but
then it says "Tool bar cannot be created". Please help.

1.) Make sure the folder exists.
\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

2.) Run "regedit" from Start|Run.

3.) Browse to
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" and click this key.

4.) Select File-Export from the menu, and save the registry key to
"backup.reg".

5.) Click the
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\Explorer"
key, delete all entries in the right pane except the (Default) value.

6.) Click the
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser"
key and delete all entries in the right pane except the (Default) value.

7.) Close Registry Editor and reboot the computer.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]