how to *force* synchronization from one PC to PPC? (Calend..

May 28, 2005 11:26:11 PM

The calendar in my notebook is the one I want to have as it contains company
meetings and correct audience

PPC synchronized well but on synching up with the desktop some addresses
were ommited and can't find a way to get it corrected. To make it worse I
deleted a recurring oppointment in the desktop and changed it in the PPC to
force a "unresolved"... but the deletion was stronger so now was deleted too
in the PPC...
Can't synch up with the notebook or I will loose it all.

Is there a way to "clean" the desktop and PPC events and force the PPC to
get it from the notebook?
NOTE: if I delete in the PPC they will be deleted in the notebook! and I
can't have it.

THANKS!!!
luis
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:26:12 PM

Luis,

In ActiveSync, Go to Tools>Options>Rules. Tell ActiveSync to replace any
items on your PPC with items from your computer ("Always replace the item on
my device"). This will force anything on your PPC to be replaced without
question by whatever is on your lappy.

Hope this helps,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
> The calendar in my notebook is the one I want to have as it contains
> company meetings and correct audience
>
> PPC synchronized well but on synching up with the desktop some addresses
> were ommited and can't find a way to get it corrected. To make it worse I
> deleted a recurring oppointment in the desktop and changed it in the PPC
> to force a "unresolved"... but the deletion was stronger so now was
> deleted too in the PPC...
> Can't synch up with the notebook or I will loose it all.
>
> Is there a way to "clean" the desktop and PPC events and force the PPC to
> get it from the notebook?
> NOTE: if I delete in the PPC they will be deleted in the notebook! and I
> can't have it.
>
> THANKS!!!
> luis

May 29, 2005 1:41:13 AM

Hi Clinton,

thanks.
Not sure I have that option...
I have it but only for "conflict resolution".... not in any case.

I tried to delete the item in the desktop and change the same item in the
PPC before synching, and it deleted in the PPC!!! (and I had "leave
unresolved")

luis

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
<management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> Luis,
>
> In ActiveSync, Go to Tools>Options>Rules. Tell ActiveSync to replace any
> items on your PPC with items from your computer ("Always replace the item
> on my device"). This will force anything on your PPC to be replaced
> without question by whatever is on your lappy.
>
> Hope this helps,
>

> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
>> The calendar in my notebook is the one I want to have as it contains
>> company meetings and correct audience
>>
>> PPC synchronized well but on synching up with the desktop some addresses
>> were ommited and can't find a way to get it corrected. To make it worse I
>> deleted a recurring oppointment in the desktop and changed it in the PPC
>> to force a "unresolved"... but the deletion was stronger so now was
>> deleted too in the PPC...
>> Can't synch up with the notebook or I will loose it all.
>>
>> Is there a way to "clean" the desktop and PPC events and force the PPC to
>> get it from the notebook?
>> NOTE: if I delete in the PPC they will be deleted in the notebook! and I
>> can't have it.
>>
>> THANKS!!!
>> luis

May 29, 2005 1:41:14 AM

Luis,

If you are using ActiveSync 3.5 or higher, you have the option to do this.

Don't delete anything at this point, just make the change I suggested and
try to get your P/PC on par with your lappy at this point.

Regards,

--

> Hi Clinton,
>
> thanks.
> Not sure I have that option...
> I have it but only for "conflict resolution".... not in any case.
>
> I tried to delete the item in the desktop and change the same item in the
> PPC before synching, and it deleted in the PPC!!! (and I had "leave
> unresolved")
>
> luis
>
> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>> Luis,
>>
>> In ActiveSync, Go to Tools>Options>Rules. Tell ActiveSync to replace any
>> items on your PPC with items from your computer ("Always replace the item
>> on my device"). This will force anything on your PPC to be replaced
>> without question by whatever is on your lappy.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>

>> --
>> Clinton Fitch
>> Senior Editor / Owner
>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>
>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>
>> "luis" <doesnotexist@anyserver.com> wrote in message
>>> The calendar in my notebook is the one I want to have as it contains
>>> company meetings and correct audience
>>>
>>> PPC synchronized well but on synching up with the desktop some addresses
>>> were ommited and can't find a way to get it corrected. To make it worse
>>> I deleted a recurring oppointment in the desktop and changed it in the
>>> PPC to force a "unresolved"... but the deletion was stronger so now was
>>> deleted too in the PPC...
>>> Can't synch up with the notebook or I will loose it all.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to "clean" the desktop and PPC events and force the PPC
>>> to get it from the notebook?
>>> NOTE: if I delete in the PPC they will be deleted in the notebook! and I
>>> can't have it.
>>>
>>> THANKS!!!
>>> luis

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:00:35 PM

You could always hard reset the PPC and then set back up the sync. At that
point the notebook will give the PPC all of the appts.

--
Thanks
Wayne Sepega

Enterprise Library Configuration Console Module Generator
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/elccmg

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But
let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour.
That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

news:o 6#MHD8YFHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!