Restoring Win 2000 boot

Hi,

I set up linux on a second partition on a Win2000
workstation. Linux loaded grub bootloader in the mbr, and
cofigured dual boot so I can start either Win2000 or linux.
I now need to remove linux, and grub, and restore the
original booting of Win2000.
How do I restore the mbr in win2000?
Just to make it more difficult, the machine has no floppy
disk drive. I can make a bootable CD-ROMs if I have a
bootable floppy to copy the image from.

Thanks,
BarryG.
2 answers Last reply
More about restoring 2000 boot

    BarryG wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I set up linux on a second partition on a Win2000
    > workstation. Linux loaded grub bootloader in the mbr, and
    > cofigured dual boot so I can start either Win2000 or linux.
    > I now need to remove linux, and grub, and restore the
    > original booting of Win2000.
    > How do I restore the mbr in win2000?
    > Just to make it more difficult, the machine has no floppy
    > disk drive. I can make a bootable CD-ROMs if I have a
    > bootable floppy to copy the image from.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > BarryG.

    Use your Windows 2000 CDROM to boot up, then choose the enter the Recovery
    Console.
    From here you can issue the fixmbr command to re-write the MBR.

    the MBR.

    >.