windows

hello.i installed redhat 9 linux and mandrake linux 10.i
had got a windows xp before do them.then i tried to install
windows 2000 but it couldnt have been installed and
computer said me "disk operation error" and " operation
system is not full".i applyed "fdisk" too.i tried
everything what i knew but it didnt work yet.what is my
problem and what can i do to install windows 2000? help me pls
pc configuration: amd athlon xp 2500+ maxtor 40 GB 7200 rm
hda onboard vga and voice card

Make sure the active partiton contains a file system that
Windows 2000 supports such as: FAT, FAT32, NTFS.