ntoskrnl.exe

Cody

how do i reistall ntoskrnl.exe?
i dont have a ERD for Win 2000 however my win 2000 disk is
bottable. when i go to start windows i get this error that
seys:

The Following file is missing or corrupt
<windowsroot>/system32/ntoskrnl.exe
Please reistall a copy of the above file

i dont have a floppy drive

thanks any help would be great!

cody

boot from cd and select repair --> opens the command console. Here you can
repair/copy ntoskrnl.exe to the Windows directory.

Warring ! there are 4 different NT Kernel.

NTOSKRNL.EXE normal Kernel for non ACPI systems
NTKRNLPA.EXE ACPI Kernel
NTKRNLMP.EXE normal Mulitprocessor Kernel
NTKRPAMP.EXE ACPI Multiprocessor Kernel

Cody

hey thanks!