Process Performance Counter Disabled ? Help !

Bought a new cd-burning program called Nitro Burn and Go which is
published by Valusoft. It says it was installed but when I click on
the desktop icon I get the following error: "process performance
counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed".
I can find some references to this on usenet but can't seem to find a
definitive solution. Valusoft's webpage is no help. I am running XP
home.
1 answer Last reply
More about process performance counter disabled

    jeffy3@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Bought a new cd-burning program called Nitro Burn and Go which is
    >published by Valusoft. It says it was installed but when I click on
    >the desktop icon I get the following error: "process performance
    >counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed".
    >I can find some references to this on usenet but can't seem to find a
    >definitive solution. Valusoft's webpage is no help. I am running XP
    >home.

    I would uninstall and reinstall the application. If this does not
    help, I would take it back to the shop if you cannot find a contact
    address for Valusoft's support.

    --
    (tm)

Performance Burner Windows XP