Process Performance Counter Disabled ? Help !

Bought a new cd-burning program called Nitro Burn and Go which is
published by Valusoft. It says it was installed but when I click on
the desktop icon I get the following error: "process performance
counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed".
I can find some references to this on usenet but can't seem to find a
definitive solution. Valusoft's webpage is no help. I am running XP
home.

jeffy3@hotmail.com wrote:

>Bought a new cd-burning program called Nitro Burn and Go which is
>published by Valusoft. It says it was installed but when I click on
>the desktop icon I get the following error: "process performance
>counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed".
>I can find some references to this on usenet but can't seem to find a
>definitive solution. Valusoft's webpage is no help. I am running XP
>home.

I would uninstall and reinstall the application. If this does not
help, I would take it back to the shop if you cannot find a contact
address for Valusoft's support.

--
(tm)