Lost sound

I seemed to have ;lost my sound. How do I get it back?
2 answers Last reply
More about lost sound

    Check in control pane, system, device manager to see if your sound card
    shows up properly in there.

    What happened before you lost your sound? Have you made 100% sure your
    speakers are plugged into the right port on your sound card?

    Ricky wrote:
    > I seemed to have ;lost my sound. How do I get it back?

    I just had a similar problem. All of a sudden, no more
    sound. Couldn't figure out what happened. My task tray
    icon had volume and was not muted. I finally went to Start
    => Programs => Accessories => Entertainment =>
    Sound/Volume (don't remember which). Some program
    somewhere had one of my inputs muted. Unmuted it, and sure
    enough, sound was back!

Microsoft Windows