I am trying to access a website with a company I deal with but can't
because I the instructions to get there have told me I have to disable
any "ad blocking" features I may have installed on my computer.

Well, I have done that with the Norton utilities that are installed but
I'm still not able to get to the website I want to.

Is it possible that I downloaded ANOTHER utility from another company
that is an ad-blocker and that is why I am still not able to access the
website I'm trying to? Does Microsoft have such a feature that I may
have downloaded as an update and I've forgotten about it?

If I have either a Microsoft ad-blocker or one from another company,
how do I:

i) find out whether I do indeed have such installations on my computer?

ii) disable them?

Thanks for your attention...

Tom wrote:
> <shempmcgurk@netscape.net> wrote in message
> >I am trying to access a website with a company I deal with but can't
> > because I the instructions to get there have told me I have to
disable
> > any "ad blocking" features I may have installed on my computer.
> >
> > Well, I have done that with the Norton utilities that are installed
but
> > I'm still not able to get to the website I want to.
> >
> > Is it possible that I downloaded ANOTHER utility from another
company
> > that is an ad-blocker and that is why I am still not able to access
the
> > website I'm trying to? Does Microsoft have such a feature that I
may
> > have downloaded as an update and I've forgotten about it?
> >
> > If I have either a Microsoft ad-blocker or one from another
company,
> > how do I:
> >
> > i) find out whether I do indeed have such installations on my
computer?

> > ii) disable them?
> >
> > Thanks for your attention...
> >

> Internet Explorer is added a blocker with the installation of SP2.
>
> While in IE, at the top, click on Tools, then scroll down to Popup
Blocker,
> and make changes. Using another Browser (e.g Netscape, Firefox) may
do this
> also, as they have built-in blockers to. Firefox, you need to add
that in.

> Installing MSN or Google toolbars, will install this option also.

Yes, I was able to turn off the IE ad blocker, but I still wasn't able
to get on the website.

Any possibility that I have ANOTHER utility doing ad blocking?

Any way I can SEARCH my system for another one?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<shempmcgurk@netscape.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to access a website with a company I deal with but can't
> because I the instructions to get there have told me I have to disable
> any "ad blocking" features I may have installed on my computer.
>
> Well, I have done that with the Norton utilities that are installed but
> I'm still not able to get to the website I want to.
>
> Is it possible that I downloaded ANOTHER utility from another company
> that is an ad-blocker and that is why I am still not able to access the
> website I'm trying to? Does Microsoft have such a feature that I may
> have downloaded as an update and I've forgotten about it?
>
> If I have either a Microsoft ad-blocker or one from another company,
> how do I:
>
> i) find out whether I do indeed have such installations on my computer?
>
> ii) disable them?
>
> Thanks for your attention...

Internet Explorer is added a blocker with the installation of SP2.

While in IE, at the top, click on Tools, then scroll down to Popup Blocker,
and make changes. Using another Browser (e.g Netscape, Firefox) may do this
also, as they have built-in blockers to. Firefox, you need to add that in.

Installing MSN or Google toolbars, will install this option also.

You might want to try holding down the CTRL key when you click on
the link for the web site you're having trouble accessing. Many
popup blockers use that as a manual override feature.

--
Nepatsfan