Lost the product ID and need to re-install

Hi. I need to re-install w2k pro but I lost the certficate
with that code that I need to put in. Can anyone tell me
if there's a registry setting where I can find it?

Or of not, what can I do?

There's something in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\ProductID with a value of 51873-007-4877977-09414, but
that's not it, is it?

thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about lost product install

    Try:

    George wrote:

    > Hi. I need to re-install w2k pro but I lost the certficate
    > with that code that I need to put in. Can anyone tell me
    > if there's a registry setting where I can find it?
    >
    > Or of not, what can I do?
    >
    > There's something in
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    > n\ProductID with a value of 51873-007-4877977-09414, but
    > that's not it, is it?
    >
    > thanks.

    Thanks a million Woof Woof!!

    This also...

    "George" <qabalahfromkapetapek@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I need to re-install w2k pro but I lost the certficate
    > with that code that I need to put in. Can anyone tell me
    > if there's a registry setting where I can find it?
    >
    > Or of not, what can I do?
    >
    > There's something in
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    > n\ProductID with a value of 51873-007-4877977-09414, but
    > that's not it, is it?
    >
    > thanks.

    Greetings --

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
    that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
    installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
    affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact whomever sold you the
    computer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of the
    Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
    new license.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "George" <qabalahfromkapetapek@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I need to re-install w2k pro but I lost the certficate
    > with that code that I need to put in. Can anyone tell me
    > if there's a registry setting where I can find it?
    >
    > Or of not, what can I do?
    >
    > There's something in
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    > n\ProductID with a value of 51873-007-4877977-09414, but
    > that's not it, is it?
    >
    > thanks.

Registry Microsoft Software Windows