Upgrading 98 ME to Windows 2K

Attempting to upgrade Windows 98 ME to 2K. During my
upgrade set-up I am receiving an error...
"Windows cannot find the following file required for
upgrading-
C:\\WINDOWS\UpgDlls\w95upg.dll\WIN9XUPG\W95UPG.DLL"

Any ideas? Can I load this file from MS support. I can't
find it in my recycle bin so I don't think I deleted it.
I did remove some software prior to attempting to upgrade
and am afraid that I may have lost it then.

Thx.

There's no supported upgrade path from ME to 2k - as ME came out after W2k.
You'll need to back up your data & do a clean install using a non-upgrade
Win2k CD.

Shawn A wrote:
> Attempting to upgrade Windows 98 ME to 2K. During my
> upgrade set-up I am receiving an error...
> "Windows cannot find the following file required for
> upgrading-
> C:\\WINDOWS\UpgDlls\w95upg.dll\WIN9XUPG\W95UPG.DLL"
>
> Any ideas? Can I load this file from MS support. I can't
> find it in my recycle bin so I don't think I deleted it.
> I did remove some software prior to attempting to upgrade
> and am afraid that I may have lost it then.
>
> Thx.

Shawn

Thx. Lan Wench

You're welcome - good luck!