missing controllers for ethernet, video, audio

Leslie

I have an iwill xp333 motherboard I bought in 2002. I
have a maxtor hard drive that was running winme. I used
the maxtor installation cd to repartion the hard drive to
accept win2000pro. I used win cd, installed it plus the
sp 4 I had on another cd. I used the iwill istallation
disk to install drivers. I can see these on the device
list in system. Under other devices I have the yellow
question mark for ethernet controller, multimedia
controller, and video controller. I cannot get windows
to find a driver on my c drive, on the cd roms. I even
went to iwill and downloaded the drivers on a cd in case
the original cd was defective. These don't work. I
cannot connect to the internet and my monitor will only
show 18 colors and 800x600.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Leslie

dl

Firstly the win2k cd is bootable, and you could have partitioned etc with
this, prior to the install.
The drivers on the mobo cd were win2k drivers?
The drivers you downloaded were correct for win2k?
You should be able to get vid driver from vid card manu site.
Drivers files downloaded may require expanding, prior to installing
You have tried, in hardware, uninstalling ethernet cntrl, then rebooting.
Inserting mobo cd when it asks for driver and allowing the search?

"Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an iwill xp333 motherboard I bought in 2002. I
> have a maxtor hard drive that was running winme. I used
> the maxtor installation cd to repartion the hard drive to
> accept win2000pro. I used win cd, installed it plus the
> sp 4 I had on another cd. I used the iwill istallation
> disk to install drivers. I can see these on the device
> list in system. Under other devices I have the yellow
> question mark for ethernet controller, multimedia
> controller, and video controller. I cannot get windows
> to find a driver on my c drive, on the cd roms. I even
> went to iwill and downloaded the drivers on a cd in case
> the original cd was defective. These don't work. I
> cannot connect to the internet and my monitor will only
> show 18 colors and 800x600.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leslie