[PW!][NS] Heavily Modified Pokemon?

Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2004 7:52:14 PM

I was wondering, how much can you modify a Pokemon before it is no
longer legal under the PW FAQ? Specifically, how much of a Pokemon can
be replaced by cybernetic parts?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

September 15, 2004 7:36:26 AM

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> I was wondering, how much can you modify a Pokemon before it is no
> longer legal under the PW FAQ? Specifically, how much of a Pokemon can
> be replaced by cybernetic parts?

The concrete answer is, "depends". We've had non-rule-breaking
cyborg pokemon before, and we've had most-definitely-rule-breaking
cyborg pokemon before. In fact, it can be argued that the voltorb and
magnemite series are full cyborgs "naturally".

I can think of at least one way to get away with 100% replacement. So
it would be correct - if misleading - to claim 100% as the most you
could do (there being no way, even ignoring the FAQ, to get more than
everything). But it is also the case that a snorlax with no replacement
parts save an artificial eyelash could violate the FAQ, if that eyelash
gave the snorlax power equal or superior to the Legendaries.

Mostly what matters is how you use it.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:33:41 AM

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2qpavmF12q4d8U1@uni-berlin.de...

> I was wondering, how much can you modify a Pokemon before it is no longer
> legal under the PW FAQ? Specifically, how much of a Pokemon can be
> replaced by cybernetic parts?

....oh lord.
Related resources
September 16, 2004 1:47:39 AM

"Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message news:2qs8rnF12lgk9U1@uni-berlin.de...
> "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:2qpavmF12q4d8U1@uni-berlin.de...
> >
> > I was wondering, how much can you modify a Pokemon before it is no longer
> > legal under the PW FAQ? Specifically, how much of a Pokemon can be
> > replaced by cybernetic parts?
>
> ...oh lord.

I second that, and start making the list for the lynch mob. After all, we have to keep the
chaos organized.

-------
Clayton:

Random Tagline:
Ultimate Oxymoron: Microsoft Works!
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 12:50:54 AM

"Clayton" <redneckdadd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D o62d.16516$0h7.1296260@news20.bellglobal.com...

> "Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message
> > "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> > message news:2qpavmF12q4d8U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > >
> > > I was wondering, how much can you modify a Pokemon before it is no
longer
> > > legal under the PW FAQ? Specifically, how much of a Pokemon can be
> > > replaced by cybernetic parts?

If you make a goddamn Ahnoldchu, I'll personally stab you in the eye.

> > ...oh lord.
>
> I second that, and start making the list for the lynch mob. After all, we
have to keep the
> chaos organized.
>
> -------
> Clayton: