cd-rw and floopy disc

ok, i've got norton ghost installed so i can do backups not on the hard
drive. apparently i did not have enough discs to completed this chore. how,
then do i reformat these discs so i can use them again and do smaller backup
jobs? any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

To erase files from a CD
Open My Computer.
Double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays the files and folders
located on the CD.
Under CD Writing Tasks, click Erase this CD-RW. Windows displays the CD
Writing Wizard.
Follow the instructions in the wizard to delete the files on the CD-RW.

"oldhyde" <oldhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok, i've got norton ghost installed so i can do backups not on the hard
> drive. apparently i did not have enough discs to completed this chore.
> how,
> then do i reformat these discs so i can use them again and do smaller
> backup
> jobs? any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

thanks, it sounds easy enough. will this work with the floppy disc as well. i
will try this new trick later and let you know.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> To erase files from a CD
> Open My Computer.
> Double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays the files and folders
> located on the CD.
> Under CD Writing Tasks, click Erase this CD-RW. Windows displays the CD
> Writing Wizard.
> Follow the instructions in the wizard to delete the files on the CD-RW.

> "oldhyde" <oldhyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok, i've got norton ghost installed so i can do backups not on the hard
> > drive. apparently i did not have enough discs to completed this chore.
> > how,
> > then do i reformat these discs so i can use them again and do smaller
> > backup
> > jobs? any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

I just use format if I want to remove all the files from a floppy. You can
delete individual files also. Floppies use the FAT16 file system but cd's
have their own file system called Compact Disk File System (cdfs).

In news:%23Rnkk3MKFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Colin Barnhorst <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> typed:

> I just use format if I want to remove all the files from a
> floppy. You can delete individual files also. Floppies use the
> FAT16 file
> system

Colin, actually standard floppies use FAT12, not FAT16 (as do any
drives under 16MB).

Please reply to the newsgroup

Yeah, I called it the wrong fatso again. I knew I'd do that again. Thanks.

In news:OEizNiOKFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Colin Barnhorst <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> typed:

> Yeah, I called it the wrong fatso again. I knew I'd do that
> again.

You're welcome. Did you do it before? I didn't remember.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:%23Rnkk3MKFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> Colin Barnhorst <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> typed:
>>
>>> I just use format if I want to remove all the files from a
>>> floppy.
>>> You can delete individual files also. Floppies use the FAT16
>>> file
>>> system
>>

>> Colin, actually standard floppies use FAT12, not FAT16 (as do
>> any
>> drives under 16MB).
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup