Corrupt login profile

Hi Win2000 user,

I enabled the Guest account on my Win2000 system. Then I switched to the
Guest login. When I tried to switch back to my user account... the system
said that my login profile was corrupt and it gave me a temporary profile.

Can you please tell me how I can re-establish my login profile settings ??

Thanks very much,

King
3 answers Last reply
More about corrupt login profile

    If the profile is corrupt, you can rename the profile(while logged on as
    local admin), then when the user logs on again a new profile will be created
    from the image in \default user. You can then copy over the items you need
    from the renamed profile. Copy the folder contents not the folders
    themselves. When your sure you have all you need, you can delete the renamed
    profile(s). Use the import function of your e-mail software.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "KING COFFEE" wrote:
    | Hi Win2000 user,
    |
    | I enabled the Guest account on my Win2000 system. Then I switched to the
    | Guest login. When I tried to switch back to my user account... the system
    | said that my login profile was corrupt and it gave me a temporary profile.
    |
    | Can you please tell me how I can re-establish my login profile settings ??
    |
    | Thanks very much,
    |
    | King

    Where are the user profiles stored and is there a utility to manipulate the
    file's contents.

    Thanks,

    King

    "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > If the profile is corrupt, you can rename the profile(while logged on as
    > local admin), then when the user logs on again a new profile will be
    created
    > from the image in \default user. You can then copy over the items you need
    > from the renamed profile. Copy the folder contents not the folders
    > themselves. When your sure you have all you need, you can delete the
    renamed
    > profile(s). Use the import function of your e-mail software.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "KING COFFEE" wrote:
    > | Hi Win2000 user,
    > |
    > | I enabled the Guest account on my Win2000 system. Then I switched to the
    > | Guest login. When I tried to switch back to my user account... the
    system
    > | said that my login profile was corrupt and it gave me a temporary
    profile.

    > | Can you please tell me how I can re-establish my login profile settings
    ??

    > | Thanks very much,
    > |
    > | King

    User profiles are stored in the 'Documents and Settings' folder. You can use
    Windows Explorer to do the file copy.

    --

    "KING COFFEE" wrote:
    | Where are the user profiles stored and is there a utility to manipulate
    the
    | file's contents.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | King