How to set my Pocketpc to connect to the Internet thru Blu..

May 29, 2005 2:52:04 PM

Dear friends:

1) I have a GSM-GPRS cellular phone (Sony-Ericsson) that
already connects to the Internet very well.
2) Also I have a PocketPC (HP 4150) that already connects very
well to the Internet using WiFi in my home.
3) But I want to set my PocketPC to connect to the Internet
thru Bluetooth via my GSM-GPRS phone
4) I set the Bluetooth in the phone and in the PocketPC in a
way that they are already *paired*. I can transfer files among them.

What else do I need to do? How to set the PocketPC that it dials thru
the Bluetooth to the GSM-GPRS phone?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
May 30, 2005 5:03:30 PM

> 4) I set the Bluetooth in the phone and in the PocketPC in a
> way that they are already *paired*. I can transfer files among them.

As far as I have understood, you can pair devices in different modes. Make
sure it is the "network connection" pairing - "serial connection" pairing
will probably not work.
Anyway follow these steps (not written by me - and is originally written for
a SE T68i - but it should be fairly easy to adapt to other phones):
----
1) Pair them; see the manual for these instructions.

2) PPC:
a) Create a modem connection (call it "AT&T GPRS", for example) in
Connections (Start-->Settings-->Connections-->Connections), selecting the
Bluetooth Dialup Modme, and using the phone number (no quotes:
"*99***(CID)#", (see note under Phone, for CID info)
b) no username, no passwords, and
c)under Advanced, select a high Baud rate, uncheck "Wait for dial tone".
d) Use the Bluetooth Wizard (Windows Mobile 2003) to create a new connection
by selecting Connect to the Internet-->Connect via a dial-up service,
selecting your paired device. Select "AT&T GPRS" (the name given above).

3) Phone: Your CID number can be found on your phone by selecting
Connect-->Data comm.-->Data accounts-->AWS DATA, and it will be under menu 3
CID=#.
-----

Cheers
John