Hibernate problem with XP

I have Windows XP on my desktop PC and once I made the mistake of
choosing to "hibernate" my PC rather than turning it off. Since then,
every time I turn on my PC I get a "log on" screen in which I have to
click on my username to proceed, whereas before I didn't to do that. Is
there some way to turn off this feature?
Thank you very much.

Bruno

Click Start and select run: type control userpasswords2 and press enter.
Uncheck the box User must enter a username and password.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Bruno Panetta wrote:
| I have Windows XP on my desktop PC and once I made the mistake of
| choosing to "hibernate" my PC rather than turning it off. Since then,
| every time I turn on my PC I get a "log on" screen in which I have to
| click on my username to proceed, whereas before I didn't to do that.
| Is there some way to turn off this feature?
| Thank you very much.
|
| Bruno

Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced > Uncheck >
[ ] Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby.