network is not present or not started

Hello,

I am trying to configure a peer to peer network between my laptop and PC.
Both run Win2K

ON the PC I get network is not present or not started. I check the installed
components and networking is installed.

I can ping from the laptop 192.168.0.4 to the PC 192.168.0.1 but not vice
versa.

I have tried my account with admin privileges as well as the built in admin
account. No luck there either.

How do I turn on networking?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for you help,

Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about network present started

    test
    "David McCarthy" <daveandem@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a peer to peer network between my laptop and PC.
    > Both run Win2K
    >
    > ON the PC I get network is not present or not started. I check the
    installed
    > components and networking is installed.
    >
    > I can ping from the laptop 192.168.0.4 to the PC 192.168.0.1 but not vice
    > versa.
    >
    > I have tried my account with admin privileges as well as the built in
    admin
    > account. No luck there either.
    >
    > How do I turn on networking?
    >
    > Suggestions?