[FRLG] Does the Mew Trick from RBY Work?

I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of a
program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:

http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18

Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my time raising
the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the quest so as to not ruin
any slim chance I might have of catching Mew barring any special Nintendo event
locally.

- Chad
who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on stats
15 answers Last reply
More about frlg trick work

    "Notus00" <notus00@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of a
    > program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >
    > http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my time
    > raising
    > the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the quest so as to not
    > ruin
    > any slim chance I might have of catching Mew barring any special Nintendo
    > event
    > locally.

    Sounds like bullshit to me.

    notus00@aol.comNOSPAM (Notus00) wrote in

    > I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of
    > program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >
    > http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my time
    raising
    > the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the quest so as to
    not ruin
    > any slim chance I might have of catching Mew barring any special
    Nintendo event
    > locally.
    I don't think so, I believe the lay out of the bit at the top where sea
    cottage is is different.
    Ted
    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.

    Notus00 wrote:
    > I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage
    > of a program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >
    > http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my
    > time raising the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the
    > quest so as to not ruin any slim chance I might have of catching Mew
    > barring any special Nintendo event locally.
    >
    > - Chad
    > who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on
    > stats

    I read in an FAQ that none of the tricks from RBY work, like the missingno
    thing, or mew, or anything like that.

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in news:41487b3a$0$2667
    $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:

    > Notus00 wrote:
    >> I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage
    >> of a program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >>
    >> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my
    >> time raising the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the
    >> quest so as to not ruin any slim chance I might have of catching Mew
    >> barring any special Nintendo event locally.
    >>
    >> - Chad
    >> who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on
    >> stats
    >
    > I read in an FAQ that none of the tricks from RBY work, like the
    missingno
    > thing, or mew, or anything like that.
    The one about flying before you get to the gambler is correct, I've
    managed to do it and now have a mew and thus managed to complete my
    yeelow pokedex, if only it were that easy for the others.
    Ted

    --

    weirdwolf wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in
    > news:41487b3a$0$2667 $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
    >
    >> Notus00 wrote:
    >>> I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage
    >>> of a program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >>>
    >>> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my
    >>> time raising the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the
    >>> quest so as to not ruin any slim chance I might have of catching Mew
    >>> barring any special Nintendo event locally.
    >>>
    >>> - Chad
    >>> who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on
    >>> stats
    >>
    >> I read in an FAQ that none of the tricks from RBY work, like the
    >> missingno thing, or mew, or anything like that.
    > The one about flying before you get to the gambler is correct, I've
    > managed to do it and now have a mew and thus managed to complete my
    > yeelow pokedex, if only it were that easy for the others.
    > Ted

    I meant they don't work in FR/LG.

    "Brion K. Lienhart":
    > Sounds like bullshit to me.

    Actually, the code they state works. It's due to code-spoofing, and the
    in-game ID# is temporarily fux0r'd. It works for R/B (Y?), but I'm sure it
    wouldn't work for FRLG because what makes the trick work - the programming
    code - is radically different. Gamefreak's got some new debuggers. ;)

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    notus00@aol.comNOSPAM (Notus00) wrote in message news:<20040915062029.03437.00000399@mb-m27.aol.com>...
    > I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of a
    > program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >
    > http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my time raising
    > the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the quest so as to not ruin
    > any slim chance I might have of catching Mew barring any special Nintendo event
    > locally.
    >
    > - Chad
    > who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on stats

    We may not even have to worry about it. From what I've been hearing of
    Emerald, there's a chance to capture Mew there.

    One can hope the game reaches the West with this, can we not?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Notus00" <notus00@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of a
    > program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >
    > http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18

    Oh, look at that.

    I wrote this.

    --
    Steffan
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > "Notus00" <notus00@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >>I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of a
    >> program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >>
    >> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Oh, look at that.
    >
    > I wrote this.

    Oh, I didn't notice that. In that case, I take back my derisive comment.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message

    > We may not even have to worry about it. From what I've been hearing of
    > Emerald, there's a chance to capture Mew there.
    >
    > One can hope the game reaches the West with this, can we not?

    Sure we can hope. I mean with Nintendo's track record with this sort of
    thing, hope is all we will get. Not to sound bitter or anything.

    daramark
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in news:cieg21$agk$1
    @titan.btinternet.com:

    > "Notus00" <notus00@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >>I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage of
    >> program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >>
    >> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >
    > Oh, look at that.
    >
    > I wrote this.
    Well thank you very much.
    In which case did you also wrte the bits about the exploder codes?
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.
    \ /
    0 0
    °
    ~
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > notus00@aol.comNOSPAM (Notus00) wrote in message
    >> I read on the following page that there was a way to take advantage
    >> of a program quirk in RBY and catch Mew:
    >>
    >> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this works in FR/LG? I have been spending my
    >> time raising the level of my Pokémon rather than continuing with the
    >> quest so as to not ruin any slim chance I might have of catching Mew
    >> barring any special Nintendo event locally.
    >>
    >> - Chad
    >> who finally started paying attention to natures and their effects on
    >> stats
    >
    > We may not even have to worry about it. From what I've been hearing of
    > Emerald, there's a chance to capture Mew there.
    >
    > One can hope the game reaches the West with this, can we not?

    Nah, I'm almost sure this is something they'd remove from our version. :(

    But we'll see......
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >>
    >> Oh, look at that.
    >>
    >> I wrote this.
    >
    > Well thank you very much.
    > In which case did you also wrte the bits about the exploder codes?

    No, I didn't. In fact, I wrote very little of anything more recent than GS,
    but occasionally I'm struck by the desire to work and create things like
    this and some Coli pages.

    --
    Steffan
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,04,18
    >>
    >> Oh, look at that.
    >>
    >> I wrote this.
    >
    > Oh, I didn't notice that. In that case, I take back my derisive comment.

    That was my initial reaction, actually, until I noticed that White Cat had
    confirmed it as true. Strange how you say something's ridiculous until you
    find out it was written by someone of status.

    One of these days, Meowth346 will use the power he wields and write a page
    about a Devolution Stone, and THEN you'll all be sorry.

    --
    Steffan
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in news:cifpn0$b3k$1
    @titan.btinternet.com:

    > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Oh, look at that.
    >>>
    >>> I wrote this.
    >>
    >> Well thank you very much.
    >> In which case did you also wrte the bits about the exploder codes?
    >
    > No, I didn't. In fact, I wrote very little of anything more recent than
    GS,
    > but occasionally I'm struck by the desire to work and create things
    like
    > this and some Coli pages.
    Darn, I was hoping you did, I tired to use there codes to get the
    unavailable pokemon,(yes yes I know,I'm going to a firey or leafy hell
    for trying to catch a pokemon I can only get by buying a machine I don't
    want,) but couldn't get them to work.
    I must admit to being less than impressed by the xploder thingy, but it
    was the only one I could find around my part of the country.
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.